Singapore Expats

LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Kentonite

LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by Kentonite » Thu, 24 Mar 2022 9:49 am

Hello everyone, I have applied the LTVP for my wife 3 weeks ago and I still see the status as being reflected as "receiving attention".

For some context, we got married in September last year. We've checked with the authorities then, that we do not require a PMLA prior to getting married because she is holding an EP. I'm a Singaporean Citizen and 3 weeks ago, we decided to apply for the LTVP as she is thinking of resigning from her current job and so during the application, I opted for the PLOC as well.

At the time of application, both our incomes were above $7,000 a month each, and we've uploaded the payslips, required documents, as required during the application process (I realised it's a lot more now compared to what I've seen being asked during application stage from the other posts).

I don't know if I'm thinking too much into this, but with the russian-ukraine war going on, and my wife being a russian, I don't know if there is any stigma of sorts during the screening stage. Am also concerned that my wife's EP will likely be cancelled from 1 April onwards as she has already resigned, and I don't know if one can keep applying for the STVP while the LTVP is being processed.

From the many posts pertaining LTVP processing time, I've seen some as fast as less than a week, and most advisory services mentioned 3 weeks or so as an average before the status changes to asking you for more information etc. I've called ICA as well to follow up but they just said it means someone is still screening through the application.

The email from the time of application said it will take up to 6 weeks to process the application, but I suppose that's not exactly a hard and fast rule now.

Am just worried if they will reject the application based on the nationality of my wife, and also based on the resignation, if asked for new payslips for the months after that which we submitted during the application, will those be additional basis points to reject the application.

Hope I'm not thinking too much, but this is indeed stressful. Appreciate the support of this community and hope to update all with some progress soon.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 24 Mar 2022 11:41 am

Kentonite wrote:
Thu, 24 Mar 2022 9:49 am
Hello everyone, I have applied the LTVP for my wife 3 weeks ago and I still see the status as being reflected as "receiving attention".

For some context, we got married in September last year. We've checked with the authorities then, that we do not require a PMLA prior to getting married because she is holding an EP. I'm a Singaporean Citizen and 3 weeks ago, we decided to apply for the LTVP as she is thinking of resigning from her current job and so during the application, I opted for the PLOC as well.

At the time of application, both our incomes were above $7,000 a month each, and we've uploaded the payslips, required documents, as required during the application process (I realised it's a lot more now compared to what I've seen being asked during application stage from the other posts).

I don't know if I'm thinking too much into this, but with the russian-ukraine war going on, and my wife being a russian, I don't know if there is any stigma of sorts during the screening stage. Am also concerned that my wife's EP will likely be cancelled from 1 April onwards as she has already resigned, and I don't know if one can keep applying for the STVP while the LTVP is being processed.

From the many posts pertaining LTVP processing time, I've seen some as fast as less than a week, and most advisory services mentioned 3 weeks or so as an average before the status changes to asking you for more information etc. I've called ICA as well to follow up but they just said it means someone is still screening through the application.

The email from the time of application said it will take up to 6 weeks to process the application, but I suppose that's not exactly a hard and fast rule now.

Am just worried if they will reject the application based on the nationality of my wife, and also based on the resignation, if asked for new payslips for the months after that which we submitted during the application, will those be additional basis points to reject the application.

Hope I'm not thinking too much, but this is indeed stressful. Appreciate the support of this community and hope to update all with some progress soon.
You are thinking too much. Nationality will not be the reason to reject. don't compare 2 applications just based on the processing time. Once EP is cancelled, she will be given a 30 days STVP, which can be extended while the LTVP is in progress. I don't see much issues in your case.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Thu, 24 Mar 2022 1:04 pm

viewtopic.php?t=147192

^ Search the forum first. The post I linked was still within the first page of this board aka very recent.

LTVP processing takes 6 weeks to 6 months. Just be patient and wait. Many LTVP applicants are waiting as well and have asked the same question in the past couple of months.

Just because LTVP processing took one week last year does not mean it will be the same this year.

Even my husband’s LTVP renewal took 4 weeks before. Be a bit kiasu and apply/renew 3 months in advance.

Sbk
Regular
Regular

Post by Sbk » Thu, 24 Mar 2022 2:31 pm

Lol, my wife applied for my LTVP renewal since 2nd December 2021, and it is still receiving attention as of today. My current pass is expiring on 16 April which is literally less than a month to go. I am currently working and this means I need to renew my LOC asap or if I am lucky I get the PLOC then awesome.
So imagine how I am feeling right now. Hehe. Buckle up coz it might take sometime for them to approve, and with the recent announcement that the border is opening by 1st April, I reckon ICA will have their hands full.

If I were you, I will stop stressing coz it won’t help your situation.
And on the contrary ICA might approve based on a compassionate grounds since she is your spouse. They wouldn’t want her to have to pack up and go back to Russia in this current situation. So chill and relax, it might or might not take long, but don’t put high hopes as it might take longer to process your application of just 3 weeks.

Kentonite

Post by Kentonite » Thu, 24 Mar 2022 7:41 pm

singaporeflyer wrote: You are thinking too much. Nationality will not be the reason to reject. don't compare 2 applications just based on the processing time. Once EP is cancelled, she will be given a 30 days STVP, which can be extended while the LTVP is in progress. I don't see much issues in your case.
Thanks man. I will just wait patiently.

@MOCHS, thanks, your posts were really insightful and was very happy for you. Will just keep reminding myself that not all LTVP applications are the same.

@Sbk, wow dude. I can't imagine what you must be going through man. In your case will you apply for an STVP and need to stop work for a while before the PLOC comes in together with the LTVP?

Sbk
Regular
Regular

Post by Sbk » Thu, 24 Mar 2022 9:33 pm

I am confident they will approve within 2 weeks of expiry, at least that is the trend am seeing with others, so all I need to do is make appointment and pick up the card asap, I don’t need to go for medicals this time around.

And correct me if I am not wrong, ICA will provide a temporary LOC for 1 month before MOM sends in the PLOC?

Maybe @sms can help with this😊

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Thu, 24 Mar 2022 9:54 pm

Sbk wrote:
Thu, 24 Mar 2022 9:33 pm
And correct me if I am not wrong, ICA will provide a temporary LOC for 1 month before MOM sends in the PLOC?
Correct. My husband received his temporary LOC at the ICA counter last year when he collected his renewed LTVP card.

The PLOC took another 2 working days to be sent to our emails.

Sbk
Regular
Regular

Post by Sbk » Thu, 24 Mar 2022 10:26 pm

Thanks @MOCHS, that’s a relief 😂.

phokia88

Post by phokia88 » Mon, 04 Apr 2022 10:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am a Singaporean. This is the 2nd time I am renewing LTVP for my Wife.

I have submitted the application for LTVP renewal on late Feb 2022 (2.5 months before expiry)
4 weeks later, ICA sent an email for Term and conditions and Medical Checkup submission.
I have forwarded them the documents on the same day (Exempted from Medical checkup because we have submitted to ICA within 2 years - As stated in the ICA medical form).

I have then received this the next day (24th March):
Your Application is approved in principle (documents received). The submitted documents are receiving attention. Do they seriously need more than 10days to review term and conditions form?

My wife LTVP going to expire in May 2022.. Called ICA but couldn't get through, can't drop by to ICA because website mentioned visiting is strictly by appointment only. I can't apply any extension of stay for my wife. She do not have any SG Arrival Card - D/E Number. She has been here before the pandemic and LTVP holder do not need to go through SG arrival card process.

Any kind soul can advice me? Thank you guys..

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 05 Apr 2022 6:36 am

^ You and everyone else that applied/renew LTVP will just have to wait. Nothing else can be done. Did you see the news about ICA processing 8000 passport applications a day? Maybe they are busy helping with that?

phokia88

Post by phokia88 » Tue, 05 Apr 2022 4:36 pm

I see. What if they didn't update the status and my wife ltvp has expired? I can't apply extentsion for stvp because my wife do not have D/E number sg arrival card

Sbk
Regular
Regular

Post by Sbk » Tue, 05 Apr 2022 5:18 pm

Lol, have you read my post above? My spouse submitted my LTVP renewal since 2nd December 2021 until today it is not approved.

They did ask for my spouse’s letter of employment and 6 months salary slip back in Feb, but still receiving attention.

My LTVP is expiring on 16 April which is less than 2 weeks to go. Am more worried about my Job, worst case I have to take annual leave.

I suggest u save your strength and only start panicking in next month 😂

phokia88

Post by phokia88 » Tue, 05 Apr 2022 7:42 pm

Wah... like that will kana deported? Can't extend and stuff also. Jialat. How you going to settle ar?

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 05 Apr 2022 10:46 pm

If still no news on the week of expiration, then you (sponsor) and foreigner spouse have to personally go down to ICA with all the documents and enquire lah…

Sbk
Regular
Regular

Post by Sbk » Wed, 06 Apr 2022 5:23 am

How do I extend my stay if my current LTVP is expiring and my LTVP renewal is still pending?
Answer:
You and your sponsor can report to Visitor Services Centre, Level 4 ICA Building, on Mondays to Fridays between 8am and 4pm, for the conversion of your current Long-term Visit Pass (LTVP) to Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) before your LTVP expires.

The following documents are required for the conversion of LTVP to STVP:
• Passport (LTVP holder)
• LTVP card
• Sponsor's NRIC

No appointment is required.