McGriddles back in SG

Share your favourite eating haunts!
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

McGriddles back in SG

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 28 Feb 2022 1:50 am

Must say that I’m pretty excited. I haven’t been able to try it the last few times as it was made with the sausage patty but its almost as if Mickey D’s has heard my inner thoughts because they’ve come out with a new version made using the McChicken patty. I’m going to try and get my hands on one tomorrow if I have the time, probably order through Grab to skip the queue.

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Re: McGriddles back in SG

Post by Myasis Dragon » Mon, 28 Feb 2022 2:24 am

I had enough Micky D's chicken sausage while living in KL to last a lifetime.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Mon, 28 Feb 2022 12:42 pm

Mcgriddles is really quite good..i thought it taste really weirdly sweet at first but it grows on you
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Mon, 28 Feb 2022 8:38 pm

Will they ever bring in the steak egg & cheese bagel… that’s what I wanna know!
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Mon, 28 Feb 2022 8:45 pm

Myasis Dragon wrote:
Mon, 28 Feb 2022 2:24 am
Yeah, when we visit HK where McDonald’s uses pork… wow, the flavor difference just about knocks me out of my chair!

Chicken was never meant to turned into sausage, there should be a law against it, with jail time! 😂
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Mon, 28 Feb 2022 8:54 pm

Whenever I go to Malaysia and have McDonalds, I always order chicken nuggets with my favorite hot mustard sauce. For some reason Singapore changed hot mustard to curry, and it’s just awful. I’m a big fan of curry, but that sauce is a poor excuse, and doesn’t go well with nuggets... not that McDonald’s nuggets are that great to begin with.

If you want to try some really good chicken tenders, Shake Shack is it. Carl’s used to be good too, but after a few years they localized to save cost and it’s now horrible.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 28 Feb 2022 9:30 pm

Myasis Dragon wrote:
I’ve never had the chicken sausage, looks quite off putting. I had the McGriddle with the mcchicken patty this morning, was delicious.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 28 Feb 2022 9:30 pm

abbby wrote:
Mon, 28 Feb 2022 12:42 pm
Mcgriddles is really quite good..i thought it taste really weirdly sweet at first but it grows on you
Same here, sweet and savory is usually not my thing, but it was delicious. Tried for the first time this morning.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 28 Feb 2022 9:31 pm

malcontent wrote:
Mon, 28 Feb 2022 8:38 pm
Will they ever bring in the steak egg & cheese bagel… that’s what I wanna know!
Was that ever a thing in SG? Don’t remember ever seeing that one the menu.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 28 Feb 2022 9:34 pm

malcontent wrote:
Mon, 28 Feb 2022 8:45 pm
Myasis Dragon wrote:
Yeah, when we visit HK where McDonald’s uses pork… wow, the flavor difference just about knocks me out of my chair!

Chicken was never meant to turned into sausage, there should be a law against it, with jail time! 😂
LOL! It’s just not fatty enough.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 28 Feb 2022 9:35 pm

malcontent wrote:
Mon, 28 Feb 2022 8:54 pm
Whenever I go to Malaysia and have McDonalds, I always order chicken nuggets with my favorite hot mustard sauce. For some reason Singapore changed hot mustard to curry, and it’s just awful. I’m a big fan of curry, but that sauce is a poor excuse, and doesn’t go well with nuggets... not that McDonald’s nuggets are that great to begin with.

If you want to try some really good chicken tenders, Shake Shack is it. Carl’s used to be good too, but after a few years they localized to save cost and it’s now horrible.
The curry sauce is horrible! Glad to find someone who agrees with me. Have you tried the tenders at wing stop? I thought the carls tenders were pretty good, haven’t gotten to try the shake shack ones yet.

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Mon, 28 Feb 2022 11:41 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 28 Feb 2022 9:35 pm
malcontent wrote:

The curry sauce is horrible! Glad to find someone who agrees with me. Have you tried the tenders at wing stop? I thought the carls tenders were pretty good, haven’t gotten to try the shake shack ones yet.
I’ve been meaning to try the boneless wings at Wingstop. The ones at Fat Burger are pretty good, but need to be dipped in ranch dressing (don’t they all). I try not to eat that stuff too often though, maybe once a year. Not exactly health food!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 02 Mar 2022 2:06 am

malcontent wrote:
Mon, 28 Feb 2022 11:41 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 28 Feb 2022 9:35 pm
malcontent wrote:

I’ve been meaning to try the boneless wings at Wingstop. The ones at Fat Burger are pretty good, but need to be dipped in ranch dressing (don’t they all). I try not to eat that stuff too often though, maybe once a year. Not exactly health food!
i’m not into wings at all, it’s a texture thing for me. Love tenders though, the ones at wing stop are pretty good but sometimes they can be a little bit dry. No tenders in SG can hold a candle to those in the US though.

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Wed, 02 Mar 2022 2:09 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 02 Mar 2022 2:06 am
No tenders in SG can hold a candle to those in the US though.
I have to believe the ones at Shake Shack are as good as the US. Give ‘em a try!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 02 Mar 2022 2:13 am

malcontent wrote:
Wed, 02 Mar 2022 2:09 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 02 Mar 2022 2:06 am
No tenders in SG can hold a candle to those in the US though.
I have to believe the ones at Shake Shack are as good as the US. Give ‘em a try!
You’re up late, Mal! I will give them a try next time, I haven’t yet because every time I’m there I can’t miss out on the shroom burger. Have you had it? Genuinely what I believe to be one of the best fast food burgers on the market. Although I feel like shake shack walks the fine line between fast food and restaurant.