Singapore Expats

Where do I start?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Anil O
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 2:52 am

Where do I start?

Post by Anil O » Tue, 08 Feb 2022 2:57 am

Hi, I am a Turkish citizen and my fiance is a Singaporean. I am looking at findng a job in SG but I do not know how and what should I do. I am currently in a hotel line. Please help .

User avatar
abbby
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1984
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 3:00 am
Answers: 2
Location: Tiny Island

Re: Where do I start?

Post by abbby » Tue, 08 Feb 2022 9:52 am

Hotel industry is rather quiet here as there's not much of a tourism activity. Many hotels have been converted to quarantine facilities. However if you are keen in hotel industry, you can try getting a job with Marina Bay Sands (MBS), they have a few thousand staff.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9079
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Where do I start?

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 08 Feb 2022 5:34 pm

Turkish guys usally end up down on Arab St selling kebabs unfortunately.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

User avatar
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2638
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Answers: 8
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: Where do I start?

Post by malcontent » Wed, 09 Feb 2022 12:31 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Tue, 08 Feb 2022 5:34 pm
Turkish guys usally end up down on Arab St selling kebabs unfortunately.
My favorite kebab shop is owned by a Turkish gentleman. He used to have a stall in Jurong near my office, best lunches ever… but now he moved to Woodlands.

https://goo.gl/maps/re22fA3oD7dPTXRE9
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

smoulder
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1318
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Where do I start?

Post by smoulder » Wed, 09 Feb 2022 6:35 pm

malcontent wrote:
Wed, 09 Feb 2022 12:31 pm
PNGMK wrote:
Tue, 08 Feb 2022 5:34 pm
Turkish guys usally end up down on Arab St selling kebabs unfortunately.
My favorite kebab shop is owned by a Turkish gentleman. He used to have a stall in Jurong near my office, best lunches ever… but now he moved to Woodlands.

https://goo.gl/maps/re22fA3oD7dPTXRE9
Another good one is Alaturka at Bussorah Street. Love the ambience of the place.

User avatar
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2638
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Answers: 8
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: Where do I start?

Post by malcontent » Wed, 09 Feb 2022 7:47 pm

smoulder wrote:
Wed, 09 Feb 2022 6:35 pm
malcontent wrote:
Wed, 09 Feb 2022 12:31 pm
PNGMK wrote:
Tue, 08 Feb 2022 5:34 pm
Turkish guys usally end up down on Arab St selling kebabs unfortunately.
My favorite kebab shop is owned by a Turkish gentleman. He used to have a stall in Jurong near my office, best lunches ever… but now he moved to Woodlands.

https://goo.gl/maps/re22fA3oD7dPTXRE9
Another good one is Alaturka at Bussorah Street. Love the ambience of the place.
Wow, it’s been probably 15 years since I’ve been to Alaturka. The fact that they are still there says it all — great food and ambience!
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests