Singapore Expats

More and more sms and emails from banks and other companies

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

More and more sms and emails from banks and other companies

Post by abbby » Fri, 04 Feb 2022 6:36 pm

After the ocbc saga, I am getting more annoying emails from banks, insurance companies, and other companies about phishing scams..if only they can stop sending this messages.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: More and more sms and emails from banks and other companies

Post by malcontent » Fri, 04 Feb 2022 10:45 pm

I must be the most disappointing mark ever… I hardly respond to legitimate messages, much less illegitimate ones!

I have a distinct lack in sense of urgency or concern about much of anything… and it drives my wife crazy!

If my house was burning down and it really was an emergency, I doubt I’d even see it or respond 😜.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

musical box
Regular
Regular

Post by musical box » Sat, 05 Feb 2022 12:22 pm

HSBC DBS OCBC told them to STOP but they continue. Pissed off.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Sat, 05 Feb 2022 7:32 pm

malcontent: That's really funny...thank god you're like that so you're not one of the 790 victims of the scam..

musical box: It's driving me nuts too...I am just getting more emails and sms-es from the banks...haha..and I thought they were supposed to stop sending..
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)