Singapore Expats

PR application - address

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Cassiopeia

PR application - address

Post by Cassiopeia » Thu, 27 Jan 2022 11:56 am

Hi all,

I own a small business and my company is registered under the address where I'm currently living at. I was wondering whether writing the same address as "Home address" and "Company address" in the PR application could cause any issues? Is anyone familiar with the situation? Would appreciate your feedback. Thank you

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR application - address

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Jan 2022 12:01 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 11:56 am
Hi all,

I own a small business and my company is registered under the address where I'm currently living at. I was wondering whether writing the same address as "Home address" and "Company address" in the PR application could cause any issues? Is anyone familiar with the situation? Would appreciate your feedback. Thank you
Should be OK. Not a major concern.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:28 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 11:56 am
Hi all,

Then why are you posting using a French ISP? [-X
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 10:09 am

Hmm... I don't know what's that. The account was created while I was in France but now I'm back to the Little Red Dot :)

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 10:12 am

Cassiopeia wrote:
Fri, 28 Jan 2022 10:09 am
Hmm... I don't know what's that. The account was created while I was in France but now I'm back to the Little Red Dot :)
Doesn't look like you are in the Little Red Dot Yet :) :D

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 1:29 pm

Perhaps one of those cases where the phone is funky? Recall seeing someone else have this experience on another thread- been in SG for sometime but address still reads as an overseas one.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 2:09 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Fri, 28 Jan 2022 1:29 pm
Perhaps one of those cases where the phone is funky? Recall seeing someone else have this experience on another thread- been in SG for sometime but address still reads as an overseas one.
Only if they access via a VPN with a foreign IP.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 2:29 pm

ISP's are sent by the ISP, not by the funky phone. funky phone just wouldn't let her post, but if it gets to the ISP then the receiver receives the ISP address. Oh, and I don't use a phone for this forum, I use a desktop notebook (not been traveling for 4 years so it pretty much a desktop now complete with at 29" screen.

Maybe her husband has set up a VPN that she doesn't know about, but only uses? Odd.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 2:41 pm

What type of residency permit are you currently holding, seeing you are applying for PR but already have a registered company? Something smells funny.

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 4:21 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 28 Jan 2022 2:41 pm
What type of residency permit are you currently holding, seeing you are applying for PR but already have a registered company? Something smells funny.
This is her 1st post.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=145920&p=860308#p860308

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 8:16 pm

therat wrote:
Fri, 28 Jan 2022 4:21 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 28 Jan 2022 2:41 pm
This is her 1st post.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=145920&p=860308#p860308
Thanks for that. Now comes the fun part. As an EP holder, she cannot work for any other company. And as such, she didn't say that she was working for the company operating out of her home. I only ask because of the location and the fact that this has been an ongoing bone of contention for many years on this board as it would seem it difficult to get a fully black & white answer from ACRA & MOM & ICA. As I understand it, EP holders are not allow to operate/work in any other company while under another company's sponsored EP. Apparently it is okay to register a company and be a director of a company but you are not allow to work for that company.

Is her boyfriend her employee or somebody else. Basically, I see a problem with it with regards to a PR application.