Singapore Expats

PR reapplicant chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sgppr

PR reapplicant chances

Post by sgppr » Tue, 25 Jan 2022 1:34 pm

Hello Folks,

Evaluating re application chance, got rejected for first time in Oct 2021. Major change is new addition to the family after rejection (baby girl). How soon can i reapply? Six months from rejection? or can apply before as well? Below is the profile:

Primary applicant:

Age/Sex/Race: 34/M/Indian
Time in Singapore: 3.5 years
Sector: High Tech (AI/Cyber/Data)
Total work ex: 14 years
Qualifications: MBA
Salary: 240K including bonus

Secondary applicant (Spouse):

Age/Sex/Race:34/F/Indian
Sector: Finance/PE
Total work ex: 12 years
Salary: 250K (including bonus)

Kindly evaluate the profile and share your recommendations. Should i wait more or go ahead and reapply? Thank you!

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: PR reapplicant chances

Post by abbby » Wed, 26 Jan 2022 9:57 am

Might be good to apply after a year.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Jan 2022 11:33 am

Personally, looking at your profile, if you were rejected with both of you & your spouse's qualifications, I do not think a baby girl will make any difference. I also feel that, at least one year, if in a hurry and don't mind blowing the application fee, would be wasting possibly another year & a half while waiting for the probable rejection before applying again. Or, wait two years, apply and if rejected again, use plan B. I assume you already have a plan B?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:37 am

Having a child in SG may indicate a commitment to building a family and life in SG, so I wouldn’t say it does nothing. Just maybe not as much of an effect as if it were a boy who could serve NS.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 9:27 am

sgppr wrote:
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 1:34 pm
Hello Folks,

Evaluating re application chance, got rejected for first time in Oct 2021. Major change is new addition to the family after rejection (baby girl). How soon can i reapply? Six months from rejection? or can apply before as well? Below is the profile:

Primary applicant:

Age/Sex/Race: 34/M/Indian
Sector: High Tech (AI/Cyber/Data)
Total work ex: 14 years
Salary: 240K including bonus

Secondary applicant (Spouse):

Age/Sex/Race:34/F/Indian
Sector: Finance/PE
Total work ex: 12 years
Salary: 250K (including bonus)

Kindly evaluate the profile and share your recommendations. Should i wait more or go ahead and reapply? Thank you!
Wont make any difference if u reapply within 1.5-2 years.

sgppr

Post by sgppr » Thu, 24 Feb 2022 1:05 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 11:33 am
Personally, looking at your profile, if you were rejected with both of you & your spouse's qualifications, I do not think a baby girl will make any difference. I also feel that, at least one year, if in a hurry and don't mind blowing the application fee, would be wasting possibly another year & a half while waiting for the probable rejection before applying again. Or, wait two years, apply and if rejected again, use plan B. I assume you already have a plan B?
Agree. The question is how soon to activate plan B. If probabilities are not in favor then what's the point of waiting for another two years. Don't think our profiles will change significantly after two years. Since we dont plan to go for further higher studies or to have more kids. I hope like many others that the criteria was a bit transparent. Would have given some certainty in this uncertain period.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 Feb 2022 8:13 pm

sgppr wrote:
Thu, 24 Feb 2022 1:05 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 11:33 am
Agree. The question is how soon to activate plan B. If probabilities are not in favor then what's the point of waiting for another two years. Don't think our profiles will change significantly after two years. Since we dont plan to go for further higher studies or to have more kids. I hope like many others that the criteria was a bit transparent. Would have given some certainty in this uncertain period.
Singapore will never make the application and consideration process transparent. Doing so will just increase the workload on ICA with garbage applications that were tailor-made to try to fool them. This has been a typical scenario for the 40 years I've been here now.

Personally, I would wait 24 month from your last rejection and reapply again. If that fails, the act on Plan B (have plan B formulated at before you made that application therefore if it is rejected, you can move quickly. It took me 7 years ultimately to gain my PR (and a complete change of profession to accomplish it).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers