Singapore Expats

Delayed immunisation verification / calling HPB hotline from abroad

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Valerie1

Delayed immunisation verification / calling HPB hotline from abroad

Post by Valerie1 » Mon, 24 Jan 2022 4:06 pm

Hi all,

I have submitted an application for a immunisation verification for our child on 7 December 2021 and am still waiting for an approval. This is way beyond the max. 20 working days that the HPB advertises on the website.

1) Has anyone had their immunisation verification approved recently? How long did it take?

2) Has anyone managed to call them from abroad? The number on the website is (+65) 1800 2231313, it doesn't appear to work from abroad. I also tried replacing '1800' with '6' but no success. Anyone knows how to call this freeline from abroad?

Thank you for any advice!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Delayed immunisation verification / calling HPB hotline from abroad

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 24 Jan 2022 4:38 pm

Valerie1 wrote:
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 4:06 pm
Hi all,

I have submitted an application for a immunisation verification for our child on 7 December 2021 and am still waiting for an approval. This is way beyond the max. 20 working days that the HPB advertises on the website.

1) Has anyone had their immunisation verification approved recently? How long did it take?

2) Has anyone managed to call them from abroad? The number on the website is (+65) 1800 2231313, it doesn't appear to work from abroad. I also tried replacing '1800' with '6' but no success. Anyone knows how to call this freeline from abroad?

Please email them.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 25 Jan 2022 3:56 am

Valerie1 wrote:
Hi all,

From HPB contact us page, mailto: [email protected]

Valerie1

Post by Valerie1 » Tue, 25 Jan 2022 4:18 am

Thank you for your responses. I should have clarified: I already wrote three emails to the email address they listed, but they never responded. (I wrote them from two separate accounts in case one of the email addresses did not get through..)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 25 Jan 2022 9:15 am

Valerie1 wrote:
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 4:18 am
Thank you for your responses. I should have clarified: I already wrote three emails to the email address they listed, but they never responded. (I wrote them from two separate accounts in case one of the email addresses did not get through..)
They are overloaded and take sometime to reply.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 25 Jan 2022 11:09 pm

Valerie1 wrote:
Have you called the hotline? You may just have to wait it out.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 25 Jan 2022 11:09 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 9:15 am
Valerie1 wrote:
They are overloaded and take sometime to reply.
Not surprised, with COVID the admin load is HUGE.

Valerie1

Post by Valerie1 » Tue, 25 Jan 2022 11:37 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 11:09 pm
Valerie1 wrote:
Have you called the hotline? You may just have to wait it out.
I tried to called them but the hotline number does not work from abroad. See second part of my question :)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:31 am

I see. In that case, my advice would just be to wait it out. They’ll get to you eventually, you just have to be patient.

mr_protege

Post by mr_protege » Tue, 01 Feb 2022 6:08 pm

you have to keep calling them and be as assertive as possible with anyone you can get on the phone. they will keep telling you that an email will be sent to you by EOD but one never arrives. after about three weeks of daily calls, HPB eventually replied to an email i sent in mid-december with an apology and instructions to login and retrieve our children's approval certificates.

we applied the first week of november and did not get our responses until mid-january (two and a half months). this was extremely frustrating as our children missed school as we not only had to wait until VRs were approved, but we had to also schedule the earliest appointment available at the MOM pass center for their DPs (pro tip - it's pretty empty at 830am) before they could attend classes.

lixleon

Post by lixleon » Wed, 02 Feb 2022 4:50 am

Valerie1 wrote:
Hi all,

We submitted the application on 22nd Dec 2021 and still pending. The agent clinic told us before it will take 2 months to get the response recently. It's quite annoying since our elder daughter only took 10 days to complete in July last year.

radhikaG

Post by radhikaG » Wed, 30 Mar 2022 1:02 am

Hi
Did anyone of you got approval?
Any proper contact details and advise to follow up with NIR.
My application is pending since almost last 2 months.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 31 Mar 2022 12:27 am

lixleon wrote:
Wed, 02 Feb 2022 4:50 am
Valerie1 wrote:
Hi all,

We submitted the application on 22nd Dec 2021 and still pending. The agent clinic told us before it will take 2 months to get the response recently. It's quite annoying since our elder daughter only took 10 days to complete in July last year.
Perhaps they are receiving overwhelming applications now that borders are truly reopening. The other day I read that passport renewal applications have soared to 6000 daily, 3 times the normal amount.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 31 Mar 2022 12:28 am

mr_protege wrote:
Tue, 01 Feb 2022 6:08 pm
you have to keep calling them and be as assertive as possible with anyone you can get on the phone. they will keep telling you that an email will be sent to you by EOD but one never arrives. after about three weeks of daily calls, HPB eventually replied to an email i sent in mid-december with an apology and instructions to login and retrieve our children's approval certificates.

we applied the first week of november and did not get our responses until mid-january (two and a half months). this was extremely frustrating as our children missed school as we not only had to wait until VRs were approved, but we had to also schedule the earliest appointment available at the MOM pass center for their DPs (pro tip - it's pretty empty at 830am) before they could attend classes.
Yup, can see how that would have been frustrating. Most government agencies are not too prompt with responding to emails, think they are understaffed and overworked.