Singapore Expats

my s pass application

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
shimishimi

my s pass application

Post by shimishimi » Wed, 19 Jan 2022 5:23 pm

hi, just a rant i guess, not really a question. my s pass was applied 23/11/2021 and few days later, we noticed that I filled in the wrong country for the country which awarded my education detail. the MoM officer is supposed to fix it but never did. on 16/12/2021 it got rejected and the HR fixed the form and appealed. last monday, MoM called and ask to submit a new fresh application instead and that it will need another 3 weeks processing. its really frustrating they need a month to come up with that. the worst part is, MoM officer should reject the appeal so that the HR can apply for new application but they haven't. 3 work days after they call and they still didnt reject the appeal. anyone have similar situation and how did it turn out?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: my s pass application

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 20 Jan 2022 10:46 am

They probably are investigating closer for academic fraud which was pretty rampant here from around 3 countries in the region. With your/your employer whichever, putting down the wrong country, they are probably trying to contact the school in the new country and will require them to provide a certified copy of your degree & transcripts. With Covid, this is taking a long longer than it used to, so all bets are off as to when this might resolve itself. And appealing is not a thing any more due to the backlog, those who are not capable of proofreading their applications are basically told to get in the back of the queue, as it were and make a new application.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers