Singapore Expats

EP in process

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
intoview5

EP in process

Post by intoview5 » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 1:47 pm

Hi,

I am an ex SPR, re entry permit expired due to pro long stay in uk due to studying and working.

I am on my 7th week of waiting for EP results. MOM contacted my employer today to say they need more inputs from other agencies which may take longer processing time, and for me to return my Blue IC to ICA unit.

Does anybody know who sort of details the ‘other agencies’ are checking for?

Thank you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP in process

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 14 Jan 2022 5:28 pm

Probably your life history as well as all your parents, siblings, etc.etc. This is taking considerably longer due to covid. Add to the fact that you lost your PR and didn't return your NRIC so you have a lot of black marks going for you. You are just going to have to grin & bear it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

intoview5

Post by intoview5 » Mon, 17 Jan 2022 11:58 pm

I have received an email from MOE today with regards to a tuition bond agreement i have signed studying a diploma course with one of the polytechnic. It is a 3 years bond that require me to work for a Singapore based company upon my graduation. I responded to MOE that i am in the midst of applying EP to return Sg to work at the moment. Do you think this is a straight reject for EP due to the tuition grant bond? I guess i'll know soon T.T

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Jan 2022 1:17 am

I would think just the opposite. If you don't return, Singapore doesn't get the benefit of the grant given to you. Giving you EP brings you back to Singapore so you can fulfil the terms of the grant. Win-Win. Keep you fingers crossed
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers