Singapore Expats

6 months Visa (Working ability for my home country)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 4:08 pm

6 months Visa (Working ability for my home country)

Post by walkz187 » Tue, 11 Jan 2022 4:29 pm

Hi All,

New to this forum and hoping to understand if there is a visa that would fit my requirement within Singapore.

Long story short, the company i work for within Australia will now allow permanent work from home. They will also extend this ability to work from a series of oversea destinations performing your regular Australian Job (not related to host country). This can be done for up to 6 months at a time before returning to Australia. The only prerequisite is you have the legal permission to stay and perform work duties in the host nation.

To be clear i wouldn't be working for a Singaporean company or opting to take a Singaporean Job. I would be performing my duties as i do today within my current position with in the Australian market place. I literally would be dialling into Australian meeting servicing the Australian market from a home office, in an apartment i would lease for 6 months. At least this is the idea.

As its only 3 hours different from AEST. For my family this would be a great opportunity for us to experience living oversea on a working holiday.

Would be great if anyone has done this before? is a type of Visa/pass that legally permits such actions in Singapore.


User avatar
Posts: 9088
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Sinkapore

Re: 6 months Visa (Working ability for my home country)

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 11 Jan 2022 10:50 pm

Are you related to anyone in Singapore? Legally this is not really an issue but the problem is that tourist visas for Australian's are only 30 days long and while they can be extended there is no guarantee. If you've a Singapore relative they can assist in sponsoring you for a long term visit pass.

Tax is another issue - if you are working here and generate income by working here (even if paid in Australia as you are earning it from services done in Singapore) at some point you become liable for Singapore income tax. ... -tax-guide
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests