Singapore Expats

Djokovic case; "had COVID therefore do not need the vaccine since the vaccine offers me less sustainable immunity"

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
musical box
Regular
Regular

Djokovic case; "had COVID therefore do not need the vaccine since the vaccine offers me less sustainable immunity"

Post by musical box » Tue, 11 Jan 2022 1:21 pm

1. you agree?

2. If you got COVID last week, when would you take your 1st dose of vaccine?

MikeJones
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Re: Djokovic case; "had COVID therefore do not need the vaccine since the vaccine offers me less sustainable immunity"

Post by MikeJones » Tue, 11 Jan 2022 6:14 pm

1. No

"Emerging evidence shows that getting a COVID-19 vaccine after you recover from COVID-19 infection provides added protection to your immune system. One study showed that, for people who already had COVID-19, those who do not get vaccinated after their recovery are more than 2 times as likely to get COVID-19 again than those who get fully vaccinated after their recovery."

2. "People with COVID-19 who have symptoms should wait to be vaccinated until they have recovered from their illness and have met the criteria for discontinuing isolation; those without symptoms should also wait until they meet the criteria before getting vaccinated. This guidance also applies to people who get COVID-19 before getting their second dose of vaccine.

People who have had a known COVID-19 exposure should not seek vaccination until their quarantine period has ended to avoid potentially exposing healthcare personnel and others during the vaccination visit. This recommendation also applies to people with a known COVID-19 exposure who have received their first dose of an mRNA vaccine but not their second."

Quotes from the CDC Website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... s/faq.html

You can believe them or Novak Jesus Spartacus Leader of the free world Djokovic*.

*middle names all actual descriptions used by his parents in the last few days

PS: despite the above I do feel slightly sorry for his treatment over the last week, it was really a huge game of who is the bigger arsehole with the Australian Govt currently 40-0 up.