Singapore Expats

Employer dragging heels EP application

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ajtf2

Employer dragging heels EP application

Post by ajtf2 » Tue, 04 Jan 2022 2:23 pm

Hi All,

SG LTP Resident.
Have signed offer & contract with Employer A.
They have sat on EP application for 6 weeks since forms returned to them - still has not been submitted to MOM.

I'm being approached to explore other job opportunities by other employers.

Am I within my rights to formally request Employer A to cease the EP application should I proceed with Employer X and get to the point of contract/offer/ep application ?

Or, can I progress for 4 weeks with Employer X, get to the point of offer, and then Employer A still holds all the cards despite having sat on it for 10 weeks and there's nothing I can do about it ?

Thanks,

AJ.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Employer dragging heels EP application

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 04 Jan 2022 10:27 pm

Personally, if it were me, I already be gone. Employer A sounds like a class A arsehole. Employer A doesn't hold any cards unless you have an IPA issued. At that point Employer has to formally withdraw the application. However, due to the potential of them applying and getting a IPA before you second application is approved could create a stumbling block, so asking them politely to withdraw the application would be the safest way to do it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers