PR chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
therat
Reporter
Reporter

Re: PR chances

Post by therat » Wed, 05 Jan 2022 1:12 pm

korosensei wrote:
Wed, 05 Jan 2022 8:09 am
Hi, just want to ask for your view on this matter. Initially I applied PR and didnt apply under my husband (Malaysian PR). Now my husband told me that I should try again after 2yrs of our marriage and after I give birth but should be under his sponsorship. Do you think does it have a chance because its heartbreaking to receive a rejection letter again. Thats why I dont want try. Below are our details:

Husband
Race: Chinese
Job: Senior Elec. Engr
Salary: $66k per annum
Length of years in SG: 3yrs

Wife
Race: Filipino
Job: Engr
Salary: $48k per annum
Length of years in SG: 8yrs

We are newly wed and expecting a baby. My worry is for our baby I want him to stay with us as a family. Do you think me and our baby will have a chance?

Thank you.
During last sept, you post asking about PR chance for married a local.

smoulder did reply your post

Code: Select all

I guess the best thing to do is to wait for 2 years after marriage and ask your husband to sponsor you.
[/i]

omshastry

Post by omshastry » Wed, 12 Jan 2022 2:30 pm

Asking veterans about the likelihood of getting a PR in 2022.

Applying as a family. Husband as main applicant.
Indians with 2 kids. First 5y girl, born in India, second 5 months boy born in SG.
Whole family staying in SG for last 4y (except son who was just born of course).
H: 37y, finance role in MNC bank, degrees from good Indian UG+PG schools. 4th NOA to be completed now.
W: 35y, IT, degrees from good Indian UG+PG schools.
Daughter schooling in SG but not in local school.
PR rejected twice earlier.

Any thoughts? Also, does it make more sense to make W main applicant (IT skills in more demand than finance?)?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Edit: Last rejection (1y ago) stated sth like I could apply again if my circumstances change. Though I believe it was just a standard sentence, not having a 'real' meaning, I'd assume an additional family member should count as a change in circumstances.
Last edited by omshastry on Fri, 25 Nov 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 12 Jan 2022 3:09 pm

omshastry wrote:
Wed, 12 Jan 2022 2:30 pm
Asking veterans about the likelihood of getting a PR in 2022.

Applying as a family. Husband as main applicant.
Indians with 2 kids. First 5y girl, born in India, second 5 months boy born in SG.
Whole family staying in SG for last 4y (except son who was just born of course).
H: 37y, 220k base, finance role in MNC bank, degrees from good Indian UG+PG schools. 4th NOA to be completed now.
W: 35y, 80k base, IT, degrees from good Indian UG+PG schools.
Daughter schooling in SG but not in local school.
PR rejected twice earlier.

Any thoughts? Also, does it make more sense to make W main applicant (IT skills in more demand than finance?)?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Edit: Last rejection (1y ago) stated sth like I could apply again if my circumstances change. Though I believe it was just a standard sentence, not having a 'real' meaning, I'd assume an additional family member should count as a change in circumstances.
Likely will be same outcome again.

omshastry

Post by omshastry » Wed, 12 Jan 2022 9:50 pm

Thank you, sigh!

And I get no points for guessing it's because of ethnicity? What can I do to improve my chances? Give more years to SG? Anything else?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 12 Jan 2022 9:53 pm

omshastry wrote:
Wed, 12 Jan 2022 9:50 pm
Thank you, sigh!

And I get no points for guessing it's because of ethnicity? What can I do to improve my chances? Give more years to SG? Anything else?
Ethnicity and age will be the negatives.

Nothing more to improve on Work, education and Salary.

Stay longer and try again after 2 years. But don't keep too high hopes.

Will not make any difference by switching main applicants in your case.

omshastry

Post by omshastry » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 10:28 am

Hmm... And 2 years hence, I will be almost 40... So guessing I should just forget about settling down in SG as a PR/SC...

:(

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 11:10 am

Yes I think you should probably think about plan B while you are still under 40.

Raffles1015

Post by Raffles1015 » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 4:01 pm

Hi everyone, just wanted to get your thoughts on this. I applied for my wife's PR in June 2021 under my sponsorship. I received her rejection letter after seven months of waiting. Do you think I should apply for her PR again? Here are our details:

Me
Job: Senior Executive
Salary: $52k per annum excluding variable bonus

Wife
Race: Vietnamese
Job: Supermarket cashier
Gross Salary: $22k per annum excluding variable bonus
Length of years in SG since LTVP approval: 9 months

If I apply for her again, do you think she will have a chance? At the moment, we do not have a child.

The rejection letter's content - We regret to inform you that your application is not successful. Nevertheless, your wife can continue to reside here on her valid long term visit pass.

Thank you.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 4:37 pm

How long have you been married. I think you should probably be able to get it after at least 2 years of marriage.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 4:38 pm

Raffles1015 wrote:
Thu, 13 Jan 2022 4:01 pm
Hi everyone, just wanted to get your thoughts on this. I applied for my wife's PR in June 2021 under my sponsorship. I received her rejection letter after seven months of waiting. Do you think I should apply for her PR again? Here are our details:

Me
Job: Senior Executive
Salary: $52k per annum excluding variable bonus

Wife
Race: Vietnamese
Job: Supermarket cashier
Gross Salary: $22k per annum excluding variable bonus
Length of years in SG since LTVP approval: 9 months

If I apply for her again, do you think she will have a chance? At the moment, we do not have a child.

The rejection letter's content - We regret to inform you that your application is not successful. Nevertheless, your wife can continue to reside here on her valid long term visit pass.

Thank you.
Your salary and age difference may have been seen as an issue

Improve your salary and reapply after 1.5 to 2 years. Even better if you apply after having a kid.

Raffles1015

Post by Raffles1015 » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 4:51 pm

smoulder wrote:
Thu, 13 Jan 2022 4:37 pm
How long have you been married. I think you should probably be able to get it after at least 2 years of marriage.
Hi smoulder, we have been married since March 2021.

Raffles1015

Post by Raffles1015 » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 4:56 pm

[/quote]

Your salary and age difference may have been seen as an issue

Improve your salary and reapply after 1.5 to 2 years. Even better if you apply after having a kid.
[/quote]

Hi Singaporeflyer, if a better job opportunity arises in 2022, I will pursue it. Unfortunately, I cannot change my age. :o

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 14 Jan 2022 9:48 am

Raffles1015 wrote:
Thu, 13 Jan 2022 4:51 pm
Hi smoulder, we have been married since March 2021.
There’s your answer. Apply after 2-3 years of marriage to show ICA that the marriage is stable. Applying immediately after marriage signals to ICA that she married just for the PR aka marriage of convenience even though the marriage is genuine.

Raffles1015

Post by Raffles1015 » Wed, 02 Feb 2022 10:03 am

I have a new update - despite our very best efforts not to conceive. She is currently pregnant. Perhaps indicating that she is pregnant will increase the chance of her PR being approved? How soon should I reapply?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Feb 2022 11:19 am

Raffles1015 wrote:
Wed, 02 Feb 2022 10:03 am
I have a new update - despite our very best efforts not to conceive. She is currently pregnant. Perhaps indicating that she is pregnant will increase the chance of her PR being approved? How soon should I reapply?
I think I told you 1.5-2 years after your last rejection. Indicating pregnant - may not help. Need to wait for the kid to be delivered and by that time 1 year will be over since rejection. Apply 6-12 months after that. Meanwhile try to work on improving your career and salary, which will be a factor too.