Anytime Fitness membership price negotiable?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Post Reply
User avatar
malcontent
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1440
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Answers: 1
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: Anytime Fitness membership price negotiable?

Post by malcontent » Thu, 30 Dec 2021 1:03 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 29 Dec 2021 11:05 pm
We’ve got quite a bit of spare capacity since we no longer entertain due to COVID, sounds like I’ve got a new use for the wine fridge! I’m not a huge fan of Reese’s, never really liked peanuts or peanut butter, and especially not mixed with chocolate. My whole family thinks I’m crazy for this, especially my daughter. My personal favorite chocolate bar (if you can even consider it a chocolate bar) is kinder bueno. Chocolate covered wafers filled with hazelnut cream. The absolute best.
I’ve got a quasi-built-in, under the counter 36 bottle wine fridge and have at most a dozen bottles in there at any given time. However, it always seems to be full.

Besides butter and chocolate, we use it to chill fruits intended for juicing (saves space in the regular fridge), and I also stick any open boxes of cereal in there so that ants can’t get into them (ants seem to love honey bunches of oats, for example).
It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters ~ Epictetus

smoulder
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Anytime Fitness membership price negotiable?

Post by smoulder » Thu, 30 Dec 2021 1:38 am

Some places have them divided up by gender. Some do not, but they are still entirely private. Either way, they are perfectly safe from what I can see.

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: Anytime Fitness membership price negotiable?

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 30 Dec 2021 3:38 am

smoulder wrote:
Thu, 30 Dec 2021 1:38 am
Some places have them divided up by gender. Some do not, but they are still entirely private. Either way, they are perfectly safe from what I can see.
I see, this is a relief. Call it paranoia, but I believe it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: Anytime Fitness membership price negotiable?

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 30 Dec 2021 3:42 am

malcontent wrote:
Thu, 30 Dec 2021 1:03 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 29 Dec 2021 11:05 pm
We’ve got quite a bit of spare capacity since we no longer entertain due to COVID, sounds like I’ve got a new use for the wine fridge! I’m not a huge fan of Reese’s, never really liked peanuts or peanut butter, and especially not mixed with chocolate. My whole family thinks I’m crazy for this, especially my daughter. My personal favorite chocolate bar (if you can even consider it a chocolate bar) is kinder bueno. Chocolate covered wafers filled with hazelnut cream. The absolute best.
I’ve got a quasi-built-in, under the counter 36 bottle wine fridge and have at most a dozen bottles in there at any given time. However, it always seems to be full.

Besides butter and chocolate, we use it to chill fruits intended for juicing (saves space in the regular fridge), and I also stick any open boxes of cereal in there so that ants can’t get into them (ants seem to love honey bunches of oats, for example).
Ours is a 28 bottle fridge, used to always be full or close to full but now we rarely have more than ten or so bottles so we have quite a bit of room. I don’t think ours will be able to accommodate a cereal box (personally I use plastic reusable cereal boxes to store the cereal once opened- keeps it airtight so it stays fresh and ant-free) but I can see butter, chocolate, and maybe some small candy working out well. Keeping chocolate in the fridge is a pain, it gets so hard you could crack a tooth!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39432
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Anytime Fitness membership price negotiable?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Dec 2021 10:00 pm

I used to be a Snickers addict. Hence having to go on a diet. I bought whole 24 bar boxes and threw it in the freezer. Take one out, slap it on the table top and instant bite sized pieces. And a cooling chocolate treat. I find semi-soft chocolate bars disappointing as the remind me how hot is is.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: Anytime Fitness membership price negotiable?

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 30 Dec 2021 11:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 30 Dec 2021 10:00 pm
I used to be a Snickers addict. Hence having to go on a diet. I bought whole 24 bar boxes and threw it in the freezer. Take one out, slap it on the table top and instant bite sized pieces. And a cooling chocolate treat. I find semi-soft chocolate bars disappointing as the remind me how hot is is.
Well, snickers is largely caramel and peanut based, it’s brittle and not solid the way pure chocolate is. If I slammed a Cadbury bar on the table, chances are it would break the table.

User avatar
malcontent
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1440
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Answers: 1
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: Anytime Fitness membership price negotiable?

Post by malcontent » Fri, 31 Dec 2021 1:50 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 30 Dec 2021 11:07 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 30 Dec 2021 10:00 pm
I used to be a Snickers addict. Hence having to go on a diet. I bought whole 24 bar boxes and threw it in the freezer. Take one out, slap it on the table top and instant bite sized pieces. And a cooling chocolate treat. I find semi-soft chocolate bars disappointing as the remind me how hot is is.
Well, snickers is largely caramel and peanut based, it’s brittle and not solid the way pure chocolate is. If I slammed a Cadbury bar on the table, chances are it would break the table.
Cadbury Caramello bar is a favorite of mine. I get the 180g bar and break off 4 squares at a time, but try to limit myself to 2 squares a day… only when I’m full, after a meal. It’s my after dinner dessert!
It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters ~ Epictetus

User avatar
Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:37 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Darkest Telok Blangah

Re: Anytime Fitness membership price negotiable?

Post by Addadude » Fri, 31 Dec 2021 9:02 am

From gym membership to chocolate bars - quite a transformation in discussion!
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: Anytime Fitness membership price negotiable?

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 31 Dec 2021 3:46 pm

Addadude wrote:
Fri, 31 Dec 2021 9:02 am
From gym membership to chocolate bars - quite a transformation in discussion!
I’m always happy to discuss chocolate, its part of the reason why I need to go to the gym!

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: Anytime Fitness membership price negotiable?

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 31 Dec 2021 3:48 pm

malcontent wrote:
Fri, 31 Dec 2021 1:50 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 30 Dec 2021 11:07 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 30 Dec 2021 10:00 pm
I used to be a Snickers addict. Hence having to go on a diet. I bought whole 24 bar boxes and threw it in the freezer. Take one out, slap it on the table top and instant bite sized pieces. And a cooling chocolate treat. I find semi-soft chocolate bars disappointing as the remind me how hot is is.
Well, snickers is largely caramel and peanut based, it’s brittle and not solid the way pure chocolate is. If I slammed a Cadbury bar on the table, chances are it would break the table.
Cadbury Caramello bar is a favorite of mine. I get the 180g bar and break off 4 squares at a time, but try to limit myself to 2 squares a day… only when I’m full, after a meal. It’s my after dinner dessert!
My personal favorite is the crunchie bar with honeycomb pieces, 2 pieces is not nearly enough for me, I limit my intake to 4 pieces (one row).

User avatar
malcontent
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1440
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Answers: 1
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: Anytime Fitness membership price negotiable?

Post by malcontent » Fri, 31 Dec 2021 6:58 pm

Addadude wrote:
Fri, 31 Dec 2021 9:02 am
From gym membership to chocolate bars - quite a transformation in discussion!
Indeed, it’s all about motivation!
It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters ~ Epictetus

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests