Singapore Expats

Shall I ask for a transfer to work in spore from India?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Shall I ask for a transfer to work in spore from India?

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 24 Dec 2021 9:08 pm

Sridhar007 wrote:
Fri, 24 Dec 2021 7:02 pm
Hello everyone :D ,

I am sridhar from india. I am here to check my possibilities of getting PR and settling in spore. I am planning to ask for a transfer from India office to Singapore, I have been working here for 13 years as an engineering manager in the manufacturing sector. Below are my details. plz let me know is it a good decision to come to singapore at this time and can i get a positive hope on getting PR. I want to stay there as along as i can even if i dont get PR - what are the concerns in this case (living in spore forever with getting PR)

Race/Nationality: Indian (born n brought up in india)
Education: Diploma in Electronics
Salary in spore: 96K per yr
Married: Yes
Kids: No
Stay in spore: 0 ( i am planning to come now ~Jan-Feb 2022)

Spouse Details
Education: BSc and MSc in Biology
Working: in india (5L/yr)
She is willing to work in spore if everything goes fine.

Please shed some light on my question above, is it a good decision to take a transfer to singapore now considering my age, salary and other things. i am desperately looking to work/settle in spore. Thanks in advance everyone :oops: .
Surely, Not going to be easy to get PR.
Reason: Quota, Education, Salary and Age.

Please remove your names from the post. They are not needed for assessment.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Shall I ask for a transfer to work in spore from India?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 Dec 2021 10:16 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 24 Dec 2021 9:08 pm
Sridhar007 wrote:
Fri, 24 Dec 2021 7:02 pm
Hello everyone :D ,

I am sridhar from india. I am here to check my possibilities of getting PR and settling in spore. I am planning to ask for a transfer from India office to Singapore, I have been working here for 13 years as an engineering manager in the manufacturing sector. Below are my details. plz let me know is it a good decision to come to singapore at this time and can i get a positive hope on getting PR. I want to stay there as along as i can even if i dont get PR - what are the concerns in this case (living in spore forever with getting PR)

Race/Nationality: Indian (born n brought up in india)
Education: Diploma in Electronics
Salary in spore: 96K per yr
Married: Yes
Kids: No
Stay in spore: 0 ( i am planning to come now ~Jan-Feb 2022)

Spouse Details
Education: BSc and MSc in Biology
Working: in india (5L/yr)
She is willing to work in spore if everything goes fine.

Please shed some light on my question above, is it a good decision to take a transfer to singapore now considering my age, salary and other things. i am desperately looking to work/settle in spore. Thanks in advance everyone :oops: .
Surely, Not going to be easy to get PR.
Reason: Quota, Education, Salary and Age.

Please remove your names from the post. They are not needed for assessment.
Additionally, if you are going to do a transfer from an Indian Parent company to it's subsidiary here, you will probably be brought in under CECA and at the moment, transfers under the CECA framework are not allowed to apply for PR as long as they are here under the CECA umbrella. In fact, the CECA agreement is currently under a lot of fire here. So be careful of how you are transferred if you do decide to try to make a go of it (although you chances are slim as SF has already noted. You will be almost in your mid 40's when you will be eligible to apply, but after you reach that age, the rate of success for almost any race is negligible and for Indians even more difficult. Some research on this forum will give you ideas of the hurdles you would have to surmount at a Senior Age, immigration wise.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers