Raeesah Khan incident, thoughts?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Lisafuller
Director
Director
Answers: 3

Raeesah Khan incident, thoughts?

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 18 Dec 2021 3:55 am

In light of the recent Raeesah Khan incident, I’m curious to here everyone’s thoughts. Personally feel that its a classic example of double standards- the PAP goes unchecked while a small slip-up on the part of the opposition is blown to epic proportions. “Sue till your pants drop” in action.

the observer
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: Raeesah Khan incident, thoughts?

Post by the observer » Sat, 18 Dec 2021 5:08 pm

“Judge and jury” is also from the pap.

In any case, the credibility of the opposition is definitely taking a hit.

Nobody really knows what that translates to, in 2025 as the ceca topic is equally damaging to the pap.

Lisafuller
Director
Director

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 19 Dec 2021 3:53 am

the observer wrote:
Sat, 18 Dec 2021 5:08 pm
“Judge and jury” is also from the pap.

In any case, the credibility of the opposition is definitely taking a hit.

Nobody really knows what that translates to, in 2025 as the ceca topic is equally damaging to the pap.
Also the issue of trade together data usage. The problem in my eyes is that the PAP gets to be judge jury executioner when the opposition makes a mistake yet no one does the same for them.

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular

Post by JWNYsg » Sat, 25 Dec 2021 9:26 am

I had only been following this on a surface level but it is sad to try and corner the opposition to make “incriminating” statements. I think the COP should be concluded quickly so we can focus our resources on the main battle which is the economy and dealing with the pandemic

PNGMK
Answers: 2

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 25 Dec 2021 7:00 pm

It's complete bullshit blown out of proportion to try to destroy an actual opposition. We've seen this before. The PAP cover up more shite internally in one day than the Oppo has done in their full term.

The worse thing is supposed journos turning into hacks over it, looking at your Bertha Hansen.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Lisafuller
Director
Director

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 26 Dec 2021 1:49 am

JWNYsg wrote:
Sat, 25 Dec 2021 9:26 am
I had only been following this on a surface level but it is sad to try and corner the opposition to make “incriminating” statements. I think the COP should be concluded quickly so we can focus our resources on the main battle which is the economy and dealing with the pandemic
Watching Edwin Tong’s questioning of Pritam Singh was especially frustrating… the questions were so clearly biased and designed to trap him. Completely agree, COP should be concluded and the case either resolved or dismissed altogether so we can move on to more important things.

Lisafuller
Director
Director

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 26 Dec 2021 1:51 am

PNGMK wrote:
Sat, 25 Dec 2021 7:00 pm
It's complete bullshit blown out of proportion to try to destroy an actual opposition. We've seen this before. The PAP cover up more shite internally in one day than the Oppo has done in their full term.

The worse thing is supposed journos turning into hacks over it, looking at your Bertha Hansen.
Exactly. If the lie told had been one of actual substance, I could understand the fuss. But the fact of the matter is, it was an isolated incident in which an insignificant lie was told by an inexperienced politician, so all of this response seems disproportionate and unnecessary.