Singapore Expats

Latest property cooling measurements, what are your thoughts?

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Latest property cooling measurements, what are your thoughts?

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 26 Dec 2021 12:08 pm

BBCDoc wrote:
Sun, 26 Dec 2021 11:59 am
I stayed at the Bangkok Kempinski a few times and always forgot the minibar was all inclusive….

Agreed the MBS pool is a bit chilly, was there 3 years back. Had to go in and out of the hot tub.

Would agree on changing the water every night given the amount of heavy petting going on…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kempinski is great. Glad they've opened up in Singapore.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sun, 26 Dec 2021 9:56 pm

BBCDoc wrote:
I stayed at the Bangkok Kempinski a few times and always forgot the minibar was all inclusive….
Bangkok Kempinski is a very ritzy place, we stayed there once when we got a good deal (I don’t think the mini bar was included on our rate). It’s got a link straight into the back of Siam Paragon. Normally we will stay on the other side of the mall at the Novotel which is plenty decent.

The thing I always looked forward to is having a Cheddar & Jalapeño Bagel for breakfast at Au Bon Pain — that was located in the basement level of Paragon, and then I washed it down with a Cha Yen.

They used to have Au Bon Pain in Singapore, but that was over 20 years ago. It closed down so fast I don’t think I even got the chance to step in even once!

Of course the local food Thailand is always great. What I love about Thailand is you can walk into any eatery and order paad thai — nobody messes up that one, and it’s dirt cheap.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 27 Dec 2021 2:09 am

BBCDoc wrote:

Agreed the MBS pool is a bit chilly, was there 3 years back. Had to go in and out of the hot tub.

Would agree on changing the water every night given the amount of heavy petting going on…

Stayed at the Kempinski once in 2015/16, and just like you, forgot the minibar was all inclusive. Guess I was too used to the “Singapore style” of charging for every little thing. Although don’t think changing all the water is very feasible, would be quite a waste. Unless of course you mean running it all through a heater.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 27 Dec 2021 2:11 am

PNGMK wrote:
Sun, 26 Dec 2021 12:08 pm
BBCDoc wrote:

Kempinski is great. Glad they've opened up in Singapore.
I haven’t gotten to stay at the one in SG yet but driven by quite a few times, must say I love the colonial style building.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 27 Dec 2021 2:13 am

malcontent wrote:
Sun, 26 Dec 2021 9:56 pm
BBCDoc wrote:
Bangkok Kempinski is a very ritzy place, we stayed there once when we got a good deal (I don’t think the mini bar was included on our rate). It’s got a link straight into the back of Siam Paragon. Normally we will stay on the other side of the mall at the Novotel which is plenty decent.

The thing I always looked forward to is having a Cheddar & Jalapeño Bagel for breakfast at Au Bon Pain — that was located in the basement level of Paragon, and then I washed it down with a Cha Yen.

They used to have Au Bon Pain in Singapore, but that was over 20 years ago. It closed down so fast I don’t think I even got the chance to step in even once!

Of course the local food Thailand is always great. What I love about Thailand is you can walk into any eatery and order paad thai — nobody messes up that one, and it’s dirt cheap.
What I love more than Pad Thai is surprisingly the Thai omelettes. I used to get them with rice and have it for breakfast while on vacation in Thailand… was always so amazed by how such a simple dish could be done so well. So fluffy and flavorful but not oily unlike the ones in Singapore.