Singapore Expats

Advice on moving out as a student due to unstable relationship between parents

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
taxico
Director
Director

Re: Advice on moving out as a student due to unstable relationship between parents

Post by taxico » Sat, 31 Dec 2022 7:37 pm

Qiao1117 wrote:
Sat, 11 Dec 2021 9:18 pm
I'm currently 20 years old, going to work study diploma in ite in April next year. Parents has always been in bad terms and it has gotten worst this year…

Hope I could get some advice on how to rent a house/room… my dad isn't capable of paying that huge amount of money because he still needs to feed me+ the bills and everything for this house
how are you going to afford a deposit and rent for a year? (or two)

a room in a flat and food will take $1,000 a month.

a room in a flat won’t take pets. you can look at a studio (not the smaller part of a dual key unit) in a condo for maybe 2k to 2.5k. don’t forget the deposit and utilities.

if you’ve got the money, people will rent you and your pets accommodation.

if you don’t, you’re stuck where you’re at currently. buy a hotel door lock for your room. make your own pepper spray. get a job. save. endure.

this too shall pass.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

Skibidi

Re: Advice on moving out as a student due to unstable relationship between parents

Post by Skibidi » Sat, 04 Nov 2023 9:35 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a difficult and uncomfortable situation. It sounds like you're facing a challenging family dynamic.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Nov 2023 6:06 pm

Skibidi wrote:
Sat, 04 Nov 2023 9:35 pm
I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a difficult and uncomfortable situation. It sounds like you're facing a challenging family dynamic.
We've got a hopeislife clone now!!!!
:ro'll: #-o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers