Singapore Expats

How to get remove skin tags

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

How to get remove skin tags

Post by abbby » Sun, 05 Dec 2021 4:27 pm

I did laser to have it removed on my skin..and more popped up in other areas and my face! Is there any methods we can use at home to remove them without lasering? This is really annoying.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Re: How to get remove skin tags

Post by midlet2013 » Tue, 07 Dec 2021 8:56 am

Skin tags is a symptom of insulin resistance or high sugar. Ur eating a lot of carbs ??

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Thu, 16 Dec 2021 8:07 pm

I don't take a lot of carbs..just normal portion. Is it due to age? I read as you grow older you will tend to get more skin tags.

I tried using apple cider vinegar with cotton pad and some of them came off...requires some patience some came off within 2 days some take a week, it works!
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter

Post by midlet2013 » Fri, 17 Dec 2021 1:55 am

I think u shd check out skin tags reasons on YouTube. Usually skin tags r a sign of high sugar n insulin resistance which ofcoz develops over time as u age. I am not saying it’s the only reason. But u shd find out the underlying cause n see if there is something u can do to tackle fundamentally.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 18 Dec 2021 3:18 am

abbby wrote:
Sun, 05 Dec 2021 4:27 pm
I did laser to have it removed on my skin..and more popped up in other areas and my face! Is there any methods we can use at home to remove them without lasering? This is really annoying.
Apparently if you tie a string around it blood circulation gets cut off and the skin tag will fall off, have also heard that adhering a cotton ball soaked in hydrogen peroxide will cause it to fall off as well, but of course these are home remedies. You can have a look at this article https://alldaychic.com/5-great-ways-to- ... skin-tags/

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 18 Dec 2021 3:18 am

midlet2013 wrote:
Tue, 07 Dec 2021 8:56 am
Skin tags is a symptom of insulin resistance or high sugar. Ur eating a lot of carbs ??
Could be entirely unrelated to diet.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 18 Dec 2021 3:19 am

abbby wrote:
Thu, 16 Dec 2021 8:07 pm
I don't take a lot of carbs..just normal portion. Is it due to age? I read as you grow older you will tend to get more skin tags.

I tried using apple cider vinegar with cotton pad and some of them came off...requires some patience some came off within 2 days some take a week, it works!
Linked to age, obesity, and diabetes.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 18 Dec 2021 3:20 am

midlet2013 wrote:
Fri, 17 Dec 2021 1:55 am
I think u shd check out skin tags reasons on YouTube. Usually skin tags r a sign of high sugar n insulin resistance which ofcoz develops over time as u age. I am not saying it’s the only reason. But u shd find out the underlying cause n see if there is something u can do to tackle fundamentally.
Seems like you have a point, “The cause of skin tags in people with diabetes is unclear. It appears to be connected to the body’s resistance to insulin, but more research is needed to confirm this. People who are overweight are also prone to developing skin tags. Obesity is also linked to diabetes, so this could be another factor in a person developing skin tags” according to this article https://www.healthline.com/health/skin- ... tes#causes

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter

Post by midlet2013 » Sat, 18 Dec 2021 10:09 pm

Thank god Healthline, the source of all truth, has some agreement to what I said.

Skin Tags is generally the first symptom of high insulin and developing diabetes. But it cld be something else too. However, if u have skin tags, its worth looking at Insulin Resistance, Potential High Sugar, etc. Just to be safe . No harm if its really bcuz of something else.

Using age as an excuse is not fair. Eating poor diet for 10-20 years catches up. Mostly around 40s. What is bcus of 10-20 yrs of diet is often linked to age. Age is not the only culprit . Food is the biggest problem.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 19 Dec 2021 3:50 am

midlet2013 wrote:
Sat, 18 Dec 2021 10:09 pm
Thank god Healthline, the source of all truth, has some agreement to what I said.

Skin Tags is generally the first symptom of high insulin and developing diabetes. But it cld be something else too. However, if u have skin tags, its worth looking at Insulin Resistance, Potential High Sugar, etc. Just to be safe . No harm if its really bcuz of something else.

Using age as an excuse is not fair. Eating poor diet for 10-20 years catches up. Mostly around 40s. What is bcus of 10-20 yrs of diet is often linked to age. Age is not the only culprit . Food is the biggest problem.
The point about age is that long term bad habits adds up, so it is a valid factor.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 25 Dec 2021 7:06 pm

My gp cauterizes them with a little battery powered device that has a hot wire between two prongs. He only does a max of three at one go even though I'm a tough old boot with no pain receptors left.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 26 Dec 2021 1:30 am

PNGMK wrote:
Sat, 25 Dec 2021 7:06 pm
My gp cauterizes them with a little battery powered device that has a hot wire between two prongs. He only does a max of three at one go even though I'm a tough old boot with no pain receptors left.
Sounds awfully painful! Does it take long to heal?

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 31 Mar 2022 10:12 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 18 Dec 2021 3:18 am
abbby wrote:
Apparently if you tie a string around it blood circulation gets cut off and the skin tag will fall off...
tweezers, but first disinfect it. hold tight at base for 1 minute. repeat if tag is big. yes, it will hurt. lasering will hurt too.

the trick is to get it as close to the skin as possible. lasering them at a Dr's is a waste of money if it's not at a vital spot (eye lids, etc).

you could visit a beauty salon and negotiate for a "bulk deal", as salons don't charge as much and have less regulatory requirements.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 31 Mar 2022 6:16 pm

taxico wrote:
Thu, 31 Mar 2022 10:12 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 18 Dec 2021 3:18 am
abbby wrote:
Apparently if you tie a string around it blood circulation gets cut off and the skin tag will fall off...
tweezers, but first disinfect it. hold tight at base for 1 minute. repeat if tag is big. yes, it will hurt. lasering will hurt too.

the trick is to get it as close to the skin as possible. lasering them at a Dr's is a waste of money if it's not at a vital spot (eye lids, etc).

you could visit a beauty salon and negotiate for a "bulk deal", as salons don't charge as much and have less regulatory requirements.
Goodness, that sounds incredibly painful. I’ve heard of some people using nail clippers, but that too sounds horrid.

upscalevalley

Post by upscalevalley » Mon, 29 Aug 2022 8:49 pm

I faced a similar issue when I got my laser treatment. I sometime get agitated. :(