Singapore Expats

Family PR Formalities

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
fm29

Family PR Formalities

Post by fm29 » Wed, 01 Dec 2021 12:19 am

Background:
We have got the PR approval for my whole family (me as sponsor and I have secured my own PR years back).

As we are all abroad and kids are still attending classes, we are thinking that only me and wife to travel for the time being and get my wife PR formalities approval for this moment though the approval is for her and my 2 kids (girl/ & boy).

This change of mind simply due to current Cov-19 situation.

Question:
1. Is it possible to proceed with the fomalities just for my wife and cancel kids application?
2. How would it impact future PR application for my kids?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Family PR Formalities

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 01 Dec 2021 1:36 pm

It will definitely sent the wrong signals. This is becaused of the fact that one child is a male and will incur an NS obligation if getting PR. Too many people have tried to find ways around this inherited obligation and basically all they do is throw up potential minefields for the future of their children by limiting their choices once the reach the age of majority. The government here has a very long memory and it is also a very good possibility according to one mouthpiece of the government that families that try to do work-arounds with regard to NS issues may well find their ability to get their OWN REP renewed when it comes due. That could really ruin you day as well. Additionally you have already let the government know what you are planning (by trying to remove them from the IPA). Your ship has a leak in it and frankly if you go through with it, I foresee problems later. Maybe sooner than later.......
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Wed, 01 Dec 2021 2:14 pm

Quite honestly I don't think he even has the option of just proceeding with PR formalities for his wife but not his kids. The IPA for his wife is pertinent to his kids being included in the whole application i.e. their applications aren't independent of each other. It is quite possible that had he applied for his wife alone (without including his kids), she would have been rejected.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 01 Dec 2021 2:19 pm

Just email ICA to explain due to COVID & the kids schooling schedule, you do not want to disrupt their education and request to postpone the appointment to a period where it is more conducive for the whole family to come down to proceed with the formalities.

fm29

Post by fm29 » Wed, 01 Dec 2021 10:42 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies. Really give me perspective on how should I make the decision.

Will find a way and time to proceed with the fomalities for the whole family PR then.

I do realize those possible bad situation to happen and definitely will avoid them.

Again, Thanks!

fm29

Post by fm29 » Thu, 02 Dec 2021 10:33 pm

Followup question:

1.How many days is typical Blue Card issuance these days?

2. Since kids need to go back to home country for school, would it be OK if my family traveling back to home country 2 days after completing the formalities? I will be in SG to collect their Blue ICs.