Misleading claims by Immigration Consultancies for PR/SC Applications

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
sp786
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:30 pm

Misleading claims by Immigration Consultancies for PR/SC Applications

Post by sp786 » Thu, 25 Nov 2021 12:35 am

While i've visibly vented out my frustrations against these immigrations consultancies in some of the threads, I was heartened to see some action against one of them based on several complaints received. Though it doesn't look harsh, i reckon ICA and the gahmen should seriously look into the existence of these companies for PRs and SC applications.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapo ... es-2319016

Even after all this look at their website for example under "Re-Applicants"

https://www.paulimmigrations.sg/

10 Common Struggles Faced By Applicants Applying On Their Own

Reapplicants
  • Faced multiple times of rejection
    Tedious amount of paperwork
    Difficulty navigating the new e-Service
    Unsure of where to upload the additional documents
    Unaware of the reasons for the past application’s rejection
The last 2 are ridiculous!

smoulder
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Misleading claims by Immigration Consultancies for PR/SC Applications

Post by smoulder » Thu, 25 Nov 2021 1:07 am

Did you lose some money to an agency?

sp786
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:30 pm

Re: Misleading claims by Immigration Consultancies for PR/SC Applications

Post by sp786 » Thu, 25 Nov 2021 1:14 am

smoulder wrote:
Thu, 25 Nov 2021 1:07 am
Did you lose some money to an agency?
Yes. Worst part is their social integration, financial contribution trash. They ask u to do things and then say they'll upload it. This year i reapplied on my own and there was no such button to upload any such documents not even an "others"- button. So the additional docs, cover letter etc are all gimmicks and are not actually submitted online by agents

smoulder
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Misleading claims by Immigration Consultancies for PR/SC Applications

Post by smoulder » Thu, 25 Nov 2021 2:39 am

sp786 wrote:
Thu, 25 Nov 2021 1:14 am
smoulder wrote:
Thu, 25 Nov 2021 1:07 am
Did you lose some money to an agency?
Yes. Worst part is their social integration, financial contribution trash. They ask u to do things and then say they'll upload it. This year i reapplied on my own and there was no such button to upload any such documents not even an "others"- button. So the additional docs, cover letter etc are all gimmicks and are not actually submitted online by agents
Too bad. Because anyone who has actually submitted the application themselves knows that there is no scope to upload anything other than the basic documentation.

During the manual submission days, you could always slip in a cover letter. Back then, some officers would accept them and some would just reject. So there was some ambiguity then. You can imagine what used to happen to the cover letters that were accepted. Nowadays there is no such doubt.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39768
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Misleading claims by Immigration Consultancies for PR/SC Applications

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 25 Nov 2021 10:35 am

sp786 wrote:
Thu, 25 Nov 2021 1:14 am
smoulder wrote:
Thu, 25 Nov 2021 1:07 am
Did you lose some money to an agency?
Yes. Worst part is their social integration, financial contribution trash. They ask u to do things and then say they'll upload it. This year i reapplied on my own and there was no such button to upload any such documents not even an "others"- button. So the additional docs, cover letter etc are all gimmicks and are not actually submitted online by agents
I've been telling you all this for donkey's years already. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39768
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Misleading claims by Immigration Consultancies for PR/SC Applications

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 25 Nov 2021 10:39 am

Cover letters are a total waste of time. Even applying for a job directly with most employers. I spend the last 25 years in HR before retiring (the first 10 of them as an Engineering International Headhunter before becoming the HR & Finance Mgr of a medium sized SME here. I never read cover letters as most are just patently full of BS.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sp786
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:30 pm

Re: Misleading claims by Immigration Consultancies for PR/SC Applications

Post by sp786 » Thu, 25 Nov 2021 11:10 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 25 Nov 2021 10:39 am
Cover letters are a total waste of time. Even applying for a job directly with most employers. I spend the last 25 years in HR before retiring (the first 10 of them as an Engineering International Headhunter before becoming the HR & Finance Mgr of a medium sized SME here. I never read cover letters as most are just patently full of BS.
Yes in fact i started to really suspect agencies only after going through some of the posts by you and others on this forum. But i was shocked to see that there is no option in the ICA online application to submit any other docs other than what the website itself calls for! So wonder to who and for what these agencies sell our other info to. Now a new technique by them is to sell insurance to strengthen financial contribution!

smoulder
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Misleading claims by Immigration Consultancies for PR/SC Applications

Post by smoulder » Thu, 25 Nov 2021 11:49 am

I've had a few people add me on LinkedIn and then try to set up meetings to push services such as financial planning, investment, insurance and so called PR consulting 🙄

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 7:13 am
Answers: 5

Re: Misleading claims by Immigration Consultancies for PR/SC Applications

Post by Myasis Dragon » Thu, 25 Nov 2021 12:06 pm

smoulder wrote:
Thu, 25 Nov 2021 11:49 am
I've had a few people add me on LinkedIn and then try to set up meetings to push services such as financial planning, investment, insurance and so called PR consulting 🙄
There is an active expat business card collection network in Singapore. You know that business card you gave to the attractive waitress at Penny Black? Or the one you put in the jar at the restaurant to win a free lunch?

There are folks who pay good money for these cards. They buy them from the waiters and waitresses for a few bux each. They turn around and sell them to people wanting to sell crap to expats. I learned this through a financial planner who had contacted me. We became friends and she explained to me how the "financial advisors" drum up patsies... I mean, clients.

sp786
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:30 pm

Re: Misleading claims by Immigration Consultancies for PR/SC Applications

Post by sp786 » Thu, 25 Nov 2021 1:13 pm

Myasis Dragon wrote:
Thu, 25 Nov 2021 12:06 pm
smoulder wrote:
Thu, 25 Nov 2021 11:49 am
I've had a few people add me on LinkedIn and then try to set up meetings to push services such as financial planning, investment, insurance and so called PR consulting 🙄
There is an active expat business card collection network in Singapore. You know that business card you gave to the attractive waitress at Penny Black? Or the one you put in the jar at the restaurant to win a free lunch?

There are folks who pay good money for these cards. They buy them from the waiters and waitresses for a few bux each. They turn around and sell them to people wanting to sell crap to expats. I learned this through a financial planner who had contacted me. We became friends and she explained to me how the "financial advisors" drum up patsies... I mean, clients.
Interesting! These financial advisors do not even have any proper qualifications but sure they know how to scheme!

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 7:13 am
Answers: 5

Re: Misleading claims by Immigration Consultancies for PR/SC Applications

Post by Myasis Dragon » Sat, 27 Nov 2021 8:10 am

sp786 wrote:
Thu, 25 Nov 2021 1:13 pm
Interesting! These financial advisors do not even have any proper qualifications but sure they know how to scheme!
The farther away it is from Singapore, the worse the deal will be. That Scottish widows and orphans fund at 13 percent won't look quite as shiny up close.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests