Singapore Expats

Chance to Upgrade Directly from Work Permit to E Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.

Chance to Upgrade Directly from Work Permit to E Pass

Post by 642190 » Wed, 24 Nov 2021 12:10 am

Hi everybody,

Some of my background:
Nationality: Malaysian
Race: Chinese, 26 years old Female
Education background: Graduated from Engineering Diploma from local Polytechnic in 2016, under Scholarship, served and discharged from a 5 years Scholarship bond with the government in May 2021 and > 6 months to complete my Part-Time Engineering Degree with NTU (Projected graduation time: May 2022)
Salary: 2.5k

I have worked in this company for 1 year and 2 months. Overall, I have accumulated a total working experience in the local Engineering industry for 5 years and 9 months.

However, my current company is in Service sector and we only have 4 local staff, therefore they do not have any S Pass quota.

1. May I know if any successful cases of upgrading Work Permit directly to Employment Pass? I plan to negotiate my salary to around 3.5k after getting my Degree from NTU. If my boss says no, then it's time for me to say bye-bye. However, my boss is very good (2 to 3 months of Bonus, on top of AWS, and vouchers during festive season, last year I get $600 solely on this.), and I don't wish to leave. I have done the Self-Assessment Tool on MOM website, and was shown eligible when my salary input is 3k and above.

2. Does my company need to advertise again on Job Bank next year, if they intend to upgrade me from Work Permit to Employment Pass? I understand that before any applications on Employment Pass can be made, a company has to advertise on Job Bank.

Thank you.

Re: Chance to Upgrade Directly from Work Permit to E Pass

Post by 642190 » Wed, 24 Nov 2021 12:16 am

And yes, I am aiming for PR. I have interviewed with so many companies and do not understand why employers keep saying that they do not have any quota for S Pass back in 2016, and yes, if any employers out there only can afford to offer me a Work Permit after getting a Degree from NTU, I am just going to reject the job offer straightaway regardless of the pay. Goddamnit.