Singapore Expats Forum

How Singaporean Are You?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sweet_longan

Postby sweet_longan » Sat, 09 Oct 2004 10:58 am

That was soooo FARNEEE!!!! Nearly fell off my chair laughing...Great Stuff!! Love it. More Please! :D

Michele

Re: I'm a Singaporean and I DO miss Singapore

Postby Michele » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 5:51 am

[quote="JML"
where in the US are you Michele? i'm in the US too and yup, sure miss home a lot. :D[/quote]

JML, Sorry fo rthe late reply - I lost this page :)
I've moved to L.A. not too long ago. I've been living in Boston/Cambridge, MA for the past 9 years :)

Singlishland - OMG! This page is a toughie :P

eh+lah

Postby eh+lah » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 1:34 am

add one more to the list.

singaporeans compare and complain a lot when overseas. singapore is so much better than … etc.

question? why would one go overseas then?

in response to the guy from UK, only singaporeans can diss other singaporeans. like only black people call other black people niggas.

in canada, we're blessed with a melting pot of cultures and the food/ingredients that come along with them, their supermarkets and all.

but, you will never get real laksa, hokkien mee, kambing soup, tulang, and the many other amazing foods that you find for so cheap in singapore.

jt3

Postby jt3 » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 2:28 am

eh+lah wrote:in canada, we're blessed with a melting pot of cultures and the food/ingredients that come along with them, their supermarkets and all.

but, you will never get real laksa, hokkien mee, kambing soup, tulang, and the many other amazing foods that you find for so cheap in singapore.

who cares? Do you notice that when people visit Singapore, Singaporeans start preparing beforehand where to EAT? In Canada, when people visit, we prepare beforehand what to SEE and DO. I once heard a Singaporean say that he would never migrate because he can't get Singaporean food.

I guess it's a whole new way of thinking that I'm just not used to. I suppose if you live in a country with nowhere to go, the only thing you can do is eat - and I suppose if you grow up in that environment, food becomes the most important pastime. That's sad.

eh+lah

Postby eh+lah » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 5:31 am

jt3 to each his own. however my personal traditions and family ties are connected around food, therefore my point. definitely more to see and do than just eat unending in singapore. when was the last time some of you guys took the time to visit labrador park at low tide?

Close Encounter

Postby Close Encounter » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 6:11 am

No 50 is so true. I live in the U.K. for so many years, but still think twice when I want to 'hentam' the Singapore govt on public message boards. No 22, hmm it's the ghost stories during army days that I find frightening. Do any of you believe in these stories?

My brother in law swears black and blue that these ghosts do exist because he had seen them during his fishing trips in the early morning at some ulu places near Changi Ferry Terminal. He said if we do not believe him (and he is absolutely serious about this, I am not joking) next time we visit Singapore, we could accompany him on his fishing trips and see for ourselves.

My husband, being the typical Englishman, thinks it is an excellent idea, according to him, it will be more interesting than Singapore Zoo Night Safari. As for myself, I think I give that one a miss…

(Between you and me, if there is such a thing as ghost, it will probably faint or die of fright when it sets its eyes on an Englishman.... :lol: )

Add another one on the list. Always late for appointment, never on time.

Postby Guest » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:06 am

with the advent of mobile phones, they'll leave the house at the supposed meeting time and sms/call the person to say ok on the way now.

=) heh