Singapore Expats

SC Approval & Timeline

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
vig.srinivasan93

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Sun, 16 Jan 2022 3:43 pm

The only change I can say is now I am married just 30 days before rejection but to a EP holder of Indian origin. Both our Gross before bounus is almost 15000. Other than this I cannot say any other big change in CIRCUMSTANCES.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sun, 16 Jan 2022 3:56 pm

vig.srinivasan93 wrote:
Sun, 16 Jan 2022 3:45 pm
The only change I can say is now I am married just 30 days before rejection but to a EP holder of Indian origin. Both our Gross before bounus is almost 15000. Other than this I cannot say any other big change in CIRCUMSTANCES.
That is a big change. Maybe you might want to apply for her PR after 2 years of marriage.

vig.srinivasan93

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Sun, 16 Jan 2022 4:36 pm

That is a big change. Maybe you might want to apply for her PR after 2 years of marriage.
Yes she completes 5 years in Apr 22 and hence she will apply for PR in May 1st week. Had I got SC then it would be a cakewalk for her to get PR but now again one more uncertainty. Let us see.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sun, 16 Jan 2022 5:41 pm

vig.srinivasan93 wrote:
Sun, 16 Jan 2022 4:36 pm
Yes she completes 5 years in Apr 22 and hence she will apply for PR in May 1st week. Had I got SC then it would be a cakewalk for her to get PR but now again one more uncertainty. Let us see.
Completes 5 years of what? How long is it since you got married?

vig.srinivasan93

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Sun, 16 Jan 2022 6:57 pm

Since she came to singapore...5 yrs get completed in Apr 22

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sun, 16 Jan 2022 9:38 pm

You should probably apply for PR for her 2 years AFTER marriage. After that, assuming that she is approved, you can apply for SC as a family.

vig.srinivasan93

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Mon, 17 Jan 2022 3:13 pm

smoulder wrote:
Sun, 16 Jan 2022 9:38 pm
You should probably apply for PR for her 2 years AFTER marriage. After that, assuming that she is approved, you can apply for SC as a family.
Why to wait for another 2 years for her PR. Since I am a PR and she has also completed 5 years after coming to Singapore, it is ideal she applies for the PR as soon as possible (may be in June 2022) and PR result mostly can come in before Sep 2023.

In the mean time I will apply again for SC and if by another 2 years it comes out favourably then ... she can go ahead after that for SC application as a family (based on my status).

vig.srinivasan93

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Mon, 17 Jan 2022 3:13 pm

smoulder wrote:
Why to wait for another 2 years for her PR. Since I am a PR and she has also completed 5 years after coming to Singapore, it is ideal she applies for the PR as soon as possible (may be in June 2022) and PR result mostly can come in before Sep 2023.

In the mean time I will apply again for SC and if by another 2 years it comes out favourably then ... she can go ahead after that for SC application as a family (based on my status).

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 17 Jan 2022 3:17 pm

vig.srinivasan93 wrote:
Mon, 17 Jan 2022 3:13 pm
smoulder wrote:

General advice so that the ICA knows that you are not in a marriage of convenience.

vig.srinivasan93

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Mon, 17 Jan 2022 3:22 pm

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 17 Jan 2022 3:17 pm
vig.srinivasan93 wrote:
smoulder wrote:

General advice so that the ICA knows that you are not in a marriage of convenience.
we have got married in Singapore and got a certificate from REGISTRAR OF MARRIAGE and that too it was done before a DESIGNATED SOLEMNIZER. Even if I or we dont get Citizenship, these kind of things do not suit both of us at all. Any how to your query the marriage is legally wedded marriage certified by ROM.

vig.srinivasan93

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Mon, 17 Jan 2022 4:13 pm

smoulder wrote:
vig.srinivasan93 wrote:
smoulder wrote:

Immediately after marriage I submitted additional document with ICA my marriage certificate in the 3rd week of Dec 2021. However my rejection came on 11 Jan 2022. So there was no hiding or hidden agenda.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 17 Jan 2022 4:52 pm

vig.srinivasan93 wrote:
Mon, 17 Jan 2022 3:22 pm
smoulder wrote:
vig.srinivasan93 wrote:

we have got married in Singapore and got a certificate from REGISTRAR OF MARRIAGE and that too it was done before a DESIGNATED SOLEMNIZER. Even if I or we dont get Citizenship, these kind of things do not suit both of us at all. Any how to your query the marriage is legally wedded marriage certified by ROM.
So here's the thing. I'm getting a lot of passive aggression in the tone of your posts. Don't know if it's just my imagination.

You asked for advice. When given advice, you don't seem to like it. Are you actually looking for someone to advise you or are you instead hoping that someone will tell you that what you are doing is correct.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Mon, 17 Jan 2022 5:59 pm

vig.srinivasan93 wrote:
smoulder wrote:

Please look through the forum regarding applying PR immediately after marriage. The advice has always been to wait 2-3 years after marriage to apply for PR to show ICA that the marriage is stable. Even one guy just posted recently that his wife’s PR got rejected because he applied for PR 2 months after marriage.

There has been numerous scam/sham marriages in the past so ICA is being cautious.

Yes, your marriage is genuine, so is mine and (hopefully) everyone else on this forum. But because of a few black sheep, everyone now has to wait. There is no shortcut.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Jan 2022 1:12 am

In the past many marriages, particularly between PRC, Indian Nationals & Pakistanis with local spouses were strictly Marriages of Convenience. Once they got what they wanted, be it PR or SGC it was a sham marriage. Lots of local spouses got burned badly. So now, ICA has forced them to spend several years together in marriage (hopefully producing offspring in the process. It is what it is. Just remember, it was your own countrymen in the past who burned the bridges for you. I was married 10 years, had had two SGC children, three cars and rejected, appealed, rejected and then approved when I finally got my PR. It is what it is.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 18 Jan 2022 10:22 am

vig.srinivasan93 wrote:
Mon, 17 Jan 2022 3:22 pm
smoulder wrote:
vig.srinivasan93 wrote:

By all means apply ASAP. After that rejection wait two more years and then reapply.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!