Singapore Expats

SC Approval & Timeline

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 18 Jan 2022 11:39 am

^ True. If he can afford it and don’t mind donating $100 to ICA, he can do so. As long he understands the risks and don’t come crying back on the forum when rejection happens.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 18 Jan 2022 1:01 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Tue, 18 Jan 2022 11:39 am
^ True. If he can afford it and don’t mind donating $100 to ICA, he can do so. As long he understands the risks and don’t come crying back on the forum when rejection happens.
$10 says he will come back asking why did he get rejected even though he just got married LEGALLY by the REGISTRAR OF MARRIAGES before a DESIGNATED SOLEMNIZER

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 18 Jan 2022 1:08 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Tue, 18 Jan 2022 1:01 pm
MOCHS wrote:
Tue, 18 Jan 2022 11:39 am
$10 says he will come back asking why did he get rejected even though he just got married LEGALLY by the REGISTRAR OF MARRIAGES before a DESIGNATED SOLEMNIZER
I'll raise you a bottle of Hundred Pipers best quality Indian whiskey.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

subwte8

Post by subwte8 » Wed, 26 Jan 2022 7:57 am

Hi!

May I ask after oath taking, the citizenship ceremony will be physical or virtual?

Thanks!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:41 am

subwte8 wrote:
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 7:57 am
Hi!

May I ask after oath taking, the citizenship ceremony will be physical or virtual?

Thanks!
Should be physical as you will need to collect your pink IC.

subwte8

Post by subwte8 » Thu, 27 Jan 2022 7:15 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:41 am
subwte8 wrote:
Hi!

Thanks!
Thanks for the clarification :)!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:09 pm

subwte8 wrote:
Hi!

Thanks!
Just curious, nothing more. Does it really matter if it's one or the other? Are you going to refuse SGC if it isn't the one you prefer/want? :cool: Anyway, they can change their minds with only 12 hrs notice or haven't you noticed all the different safe distancing protocol changes ever other day for the past 2 years? :lol: :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 1:58 am

subwte8 wrote:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 7:15 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:41 am
subwte8 wrote:
Hi!

Thanks!
Thanks for the clarification :)!
No problem, although I’m pretty sure you would have been provided this info prior to the ceremony anyway.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 1:59 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:09 pm
subwte8 wrote:
Hi!

Thanks!
Just curious, nothing more. Does it really matter if it's one or the other? Are you going to refuse SGC if it isn't the one you prefer/want? :cool: Anyway, they can change their minds with only 12 hrs notice or haven't you noticed all the different safe distancing protocol changes ever other day for the past 2 years? :lol: :lol:
Interesting that you bring this up, the phrasing of the question does seem to suggest that the type of ceremony will have some bearing on the decision to apply, although I’m sure that’s not the case.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 2:16 pm

And that is why the laughing & kool emoticons. Tongue in cheek.
tongueincheek.jpg
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

subwte8

Post by subwte8 » Mon, 31 Jan 2022 10:55 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:09 pm
subwte8 wrote:
Hi!

Thanks!
Thanks for the info. Ofcos I’m not going to refuse.
I wanted to know is it virtual, so I can plan on whether I can travel in the next few months. Since it should be physical, I should wait until I can pinpoint the date before planning whether I should travel.

Blueheaven0106

Post by Blueheaven0106 » Sun, 27 Mar 2022 12:52 pm

Hi, not sure if anyone has any information. Whats the earliest we can get the white slip or be recorded as an SC after getting IPA? My wife just got the IPA yesterday and we are actually planning to purchase a resale hdb unit, but the seller wants it done by mid-May. Im not sure if we can try to meet his timeline or not to put up the option to purchase as a citizen or just give up this unit altogether.

kilobytez

Post by kilobytez » Mon, 29 Aug 2022 9:50 am

Here's a video to help those with the process or have gotten in-principal letter.
Basically, if you're married with at least a boy in your family, they'll process your application within 2 months.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPH3Nyl1_iY