SC Approval & Timeline

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
ivanlmh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 4:25 pm

SC Approval & Timeline

Post by ivanlmh » Thu, 18 Nov 2021 4:36 pm

All,

I just wanted to share my timeline as this forum was extremely helpful for me hence doing my part.
- Applied March 2020, Approved Oct 2021
- Some Bio Details
- Married, 34 yo, spouse already a SC
- Annual income is 200k
- Malaysian

So about 20 months - Hope this helps the rest and all the best to the rest.

ivanlmh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 4:25 pm

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by ivanlmh » Mon, 13 Dec 2021 5:55 pm

Update: This is specific to Malaysian. For whoever that was told by HICOM there is a 4-5 months waiting time for appointment, do not worry.

I actually was told the same (incompetent really) so i emailed ICA and they gave me the green light to register my SC anyways with the condition that I stopped using my Malaysian passport etc and follow up with ICA once I have renounced my citizenship at HICOM.

I have lost all respect to the Malaysian HICOM - i actually called them to see if they could expedite as both my passport and REP has expired and they basically told me tough luck in a very bad mannered way (something along the lines that we are very busy - you think we just do renunciation at consular? Not happy dont come) hence zero customer service there so do not bother.

If you are still waiting for ICA, might want to just call / email them. ICA in the other hand is super helpful and always willing to give suggestions to my situation.

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3893
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 20 Dec 2021 3:12 am

Not to generalize, but the Malaysian government is not exactly known for its efficiency. Can’t say I’m surprised by their incompetence.

smoulder
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1059
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by smoulder » Tue, 21 Dec 2021 6:25 pm

My wife had to put up with similarly rude and unhelpful High Commission staffers when she was renouncing citizenship. It's one thing being incompetent, they were also rude to boot.

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3893
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 23 Dec 2021 1:29 am

smoulder wrote:
Tue, 21 Dec 2021 6:25 pm
My wife had to put up with similarly rude and unhelpful High Commission staffers when she was renouncing citizenship. It's one thing being incompetent, they were also rude to boot.
Sounds awful, the worst part is you cant really do anything about it, just have to suck it up so you don't cause any more delays.

harty
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 3:02 pm

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by harty » Mon, 10 Jan 2022 12:39 pm

hi all, i recently received my SC AIP and wanted to share my timeline as well for anyone else's reference :)

profile:
- 25 years old
- PR since 2007
- indonesian chinese female
- studied kindergarten, pri sch, sec sch and poly in sg
- did uni in australia and start working in sg in jan 2020
- salary 6.5k/mth before bonus

timeline:
- applied mid-Aug 2020
- received AIP end-Dec 2021

completed my online ejourney in a week and currently waiting for final approval letter before i can proceed with my indonesian citizenship renunciation!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39632
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 Jan 2022 5:32 pm

Congratulations. Doing your Uni in Aus and then returning back to SG to work shows them your desire to stay here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8707
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 2
Location: Sinkapore

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 11 Jan 2022 8:59 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 23 Dec 2021 1:29 am
smoulder wrote:
Tue, 21 Dec 2021 6:25 pm
My wife had to put up with similarly rude and unhelpful High Commission staffers when she was renouncing citizenship. It's one thing being incompetent, they were also rude to boot.
Sounds awful, the worst part is you cant really do anything about it, just have to suck it up so you don't cause any more delays.
You can write to your local MP in Malaysia. They may care enough about your votes but yeah Malaysians in Govt Service are usually arseholes.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

vig.srinivasan93
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 10:11 pm

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Tue, 11 Jan 2022 5:05 pm

Today I received my rejection letter for my SC application after 26 Months + 10 days time. Any how I need to reapply again and go through all the process again from start. I am 29 years old. Indian. Studied UG in one of Singapore instituition for 4 years. Got PR in 2017 and applied in Oct 2019 for SC. Working in singapore only with a decent salary comfortably above the required range. Let us see I dont know when to make the next application. May be 6 months I will wait (until my REP is done for PR).

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 11 Jan 2022 10:17 pm

vig.srinivasan93 wrote:
Tue, 11 Jan 2022 5:05 pm
Today I received my rejection letter for my SC application after 26 Months + 10 days time. Any how I need to reapply again and go through all the process again from start. I am 29 years old. Indian. Studied UG in one of Singapore instituition for 4 years. Got PR in 2017 and applied in Oct 2019 for SC. Working in singapore only with a decent salary comfortably above the required range. Let us see I dont know when to make the next application. May be 6 months I will wait (until my REP is done for PR).
Sorry but what is your exact salary?

vig.srinivasan93
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 10:11 pm

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Wed, 12 Jan 2022 4:49 pm

7500 before bonus.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by mystic_river » Wed, 12 Jan 2022 5:06 pm

vig.srinivasan93 wrote:
Wed, 12 Jan 2022 4:49 pm
7500 before bonus.
and how did you decide that this is "comfortably above the required range"?

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3893
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 2:36 am

PNGMK wrote:
Tue, 11 Jan 2022 8:59 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 23 Dec 2021 1:29 am
smoulder wrote:
Tue, 21 Dec 2021 6:25 pm
My wife had to put up with similarly rude and unhelpful High Commission staffers when she was renouncing citizenship. It's one thing being incompetent, they were also rude to boot.
Sounds awful, the worst part is you cant really do anything about it, just have to suck it up so you don't cause any more delays.
You can write to your local MP in Malaysia. They may care enough about your votes but yeah Malaysians in Govt Service are usually arseholes.
Unfortunately I doubt that would make a difference, the politicians in Malaysia are, for the most part, hopelessly incompetent.

vig.srinivasan93
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 10:11 pm

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Sun, 16 Jan 2022 12:26 pm

Recently my SC application was rejected and hence I am planning to reapply for the same. In the recent rejection letter, they have given one line which reads "IF THERE IS A CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES" [ ie. as compared to the application already submitted]. Can anyone clarify what this "change in circumstances" really means? I am planning to reapply after 6 months cooling period. Your valuable advise would be welcome.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: SC Approval & Timeline

Post by mystic_river » Sun, 16 Jan 2022 1:40 pm

vig.srinivasan93 wrote:
Sun, 16 Jan 2022 12:26 pm
Recently my SC application was rejected and hence I am planning to reapply for the same. In the recent rejection letter, they have given one line which reads "IF THERE IS A CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES" [ ie. as compared to the application already submitted]. Can anyone clarify what this "change in circumstances" really means? I am planning to reapply after 6 months cooling period. Your valuable advise would be welcome.
It means if there’s a significant change in your salary/position or if you get married (preferably to a Singaporean or someone of a favorable ethnicity) etc.

If you apply again after 6 months with the exact same profile as you do now, the result would be the same.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests