Singapore Expats

VTL - Proving Household

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
skooch

VTL - Proving Household

Post by skooch » Thu, 18 Nov 2021 12:14 pm

Hi,
With the opening of VTL with the Uk i have a family member due to visit in Singapore. Does anyone know what the process is to prove that he is a member of my household when going out for a meal (5 people in total) ? Appreciate any advice.

jwoods1864
Regular
Regular

Re: VTL - Proving Household

Post by jwoods1864 » Thu, 18 Nov 2021 12:29 pm

skooch wrote:Hi,
With the opening of VTL with the Uk i have a family member due to visit in Singapore. Does anyone know what the process is to prove that he is a member of my household when going out for a meal (5 people in total) ? Appreciate any advice.
Oh that is a tough one! I think it is worth a try but be prepared to be possibly rejected. Maybe a passport stamp or arrival card plus any relevant vtl form where he/she had to put in your address?
I think you are almost just proving that this person is a tourist and not a local trying to game the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 18 Nov 2021 3:07 pm

I think I would explain to the ICA officer at immigration of the situation and ask him if it would be okay to take a photo with a phone of the disembarkation card after he stamps it as having entered Singapore as I believe you need to put the address where one intends to stay whilst in Singapore. That would be the easiest way I could think of. And also carrying the passport to corroborate the person on the disembarkation card.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

skooch

Post by skooch » Thu, 18 Nov 2021 3:44 pm

Thanks for the advice. Given the amount of VTLs now available you would think there is a process already defined. I'll advise my brother to speak with the ICA officer and hopefully that works out. Thanks again.

musical box
Regular
Regular

Post by musical box » Thu, 18 Nov 2021 4:01 pm

are they still issuing those small white cards we foreigners complete on the aeroplane? (disembarkation card)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 18 Nov 2021 7:14 pm

They were 5 years ago. That's the last time I flew anywhere and as a PR I don't need one but they they came around dispensing them before the plane started it descent into Singapore airspace. I would assume that hasn't changed. Maybe somebody else here has more updated info.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Thu, 18 Nov 2021 9:16 pm

musical box wrote:
Thu, 18 Nov 2021 4:01 pm
are they still issuing those small white cards we foreigners complete on the aeroplane? (disembarkation card)
it's online now;
https://eservices.ica.gov.sg/sgarrivalcard/

Maybe the paper option still exists as back up.

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Fri, 19 Nov 2021 2:54 pm

skooch wrote:
Thu, 18 Nov 2021 12:14 pm
Hi,
You might have a challenge to get that done. There was today a letter on ST when couple couldn't dine at same table with their parents living in same address in Singapore, but the parents are on LTVP, which does not have the address written on it. They were not allowed to dine together.

Though would expect to have some solution soon, as more cases like this come to papers and overseas visitors are coming over.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 21 Nov 2021 5:52 pm

As far as I can tell they have yet to come up with some solution for the residents. How can one, for example, prove the residence of a PR child that has not the blue card yet?

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Mon, 22 Nov 2021 7:18 am

My friend had his mother and sister and niece come over from the UK 2 weeks ago, and this is the situation. Been rejected from many restaurants - refusal to accept any ICA documentation about address.

Hopefully from today onwards the situation will ease up. This has to change if SG wants tourist or business dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Nov 2021 5:27 pm

Assuming relatives/tourists are fully vaxxed and are able to prove same with a legitimately recognized proof of same (like Tracetogether) can eat together (up to 5 per group at Hawkers centres, F&B outlets and restaurants with effect from today without having to live at the same address (22 November) hopefully through Sunday at least before the prata-flipping CTF rescinds it again.

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Tue, 23 Nov 2021 8:39 am

Now with the same address requirement removed it doesn't matter, just need to have tracetogether app and have your vaccination certificate from overseas and show it to ICA officer at immigration. I mean this system is in place it was only that same address that earlier caused issues.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 26 Nov 2021 1:33 am

musical box wrote:
Thu, 18 Nov 2021 4:01 pm
Pretty sure they are, when I last flew 2 years ago I recall them being given out.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 26 Nov 2021 1:34 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 18 Nov 2021 7:14 pm
They were 5 years ago. That's the last time I flew anywhere and as a PR I don't need one but they they came around dispensing them before the plane started it descent into Singapore airspace. I would assume that hasn't changed. Maybe somebody else here has more updated info.
Last time I flew in 2019 they were still being given out if I recall correctly. Perhaps they’ve stopped due to COVID and taken things online.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 26 Nov 2021 1:36 am

x9200 wrote:
Sun, 21 Nov 2021 5:52 pm
As far as I can tell they have yet to come up with some solution for the residents. How can one, for example, prove the residence of a PR child that has not the blue card yet?
That’s a good point, I can see how that might be a problem. Living in the same residence but with no way to prove it… is there some sort of documentation the gov could provide? There must be some way around it.