Singapore Expats

New to SG - Advice with a dog

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
smitk6

New to SG - Advice with a dog

Post by smitk6 » Mon, 15 Nov 2021 12:23 pm

I've recently moved to Singapore on an EP and was wondering what suggestions on areas would be if you have a medium sized active dog.

The only one I have really seen is Haw Par Villa with West Coast Park Dog Run. It seems to have a good connection to China town as well where my office is. Any advice on other places?

Search By

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: New to SG - Advice with a dog

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 28 Nov 2021 6:01 am

Most areas are pretty dog friendly, although I would recommend Bukit Timah. There are a ton of dog owners in the area and plenty of parks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Nov 2021 11:08 pm

Take your dogs to Lazarus Isl on the weekends. 30 minute boat ride. Only requirement is the dogs must be leashed on the boat. On the island the dogs think they died and gone to heaven. My son take his retired police sniffer lab and his 1 year old Malinois (Belgian Shepard) there at least one day (usually Sundays) a week. Lots of dogs and dog owners there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUu3aLKNuvo
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:08 am

Wow, I’ve never done that. Is Lazarus the only pet friendly island or are others like Ubin and Kusu pet-friendly as well?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 29 Nov 2021 11:42 am

Not sure about the other outer islands. St. John's & Kusu are pet friendly but I don't know if they are able to be unleashed there or not.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 30 Nov 2021 1:32 am

I see, we’ve actually never taken our dog to any of the islands in the two years we’ve had him. He’s a small apricot mini poodle so shouldn’t be too much of a hassle to take him, I’d imagine it would be much harder with a larger dog.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 30 Nov 2021 12:05 pm

My son take both of his and they are not small. Retired police sniffer yellow Lab & a 1 year old Malinois (Belgian Shepard). not an issue. Both are extremely well trained as you could imagine.