Singapore Expats

Question around first time EP application - and DP/LTVP also

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
JVW1985

Question around first time EP application - and DP/LTVP also

Post by JVW1985 » Fri, 29 Oct 2021 4:48 am

Hi wise forum members,

I have a number of questions regarding my new EP application (and associated passes for family) which I'm hoping to get some answer/advice on:

My company is applying for EP for me, LTVP for my common-law spouse and DP for our son.

My partner will also eventually work in Singapore, however the HR of his company is a bit slower than mine so we are first applying for LTVP for him via my EP application (and acknowledge he cannot work in SG until he has EP).
... we're both very lucky to be working with global companies who support international transfers.

My questions are:
(1) If my company applies for his LTVP as attached to my EP, can his company apply for his EP if his LTVP application is still pending?

(2) Or if LTVP is already approved first, what happens to this if an EP application starts?

(3) If my EP, his LTVP and our son's DP are approved, and we get our entry approval for Singapore, what will happen to entry approval if he applies for EP and/or gets granted an EP before our departure date. Will he need to apply again for his own entry approval?

Our #1 priority is to ensure we all move together at the same time.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Question around first time EP application - and DP/LTVP also

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Dec 2021 8:31 pm

The EP will take precedence. Not to worry on that count. If LTVP already approved, EP will automatically cancel the LTVP. Not to worry on that count either.

Entry approval is already approved. EPs are not issued until after arrival in Sg. Prior to that all that would be had is the IPA (In Principle Approval) letter/notice.

If you all have the required entry approval, you are good to go. Let us know when you have arrived and cleared any entry hurdles/quarantine issues, etc.

You guys are how we collect our anecdotal database and with covid it's constantly changing. Oh an Congratulations. You all are one of the first where we've seen a couple with dual transfers from different MNC get positions to transfer too at the same time. One for the books!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers