Singapore Expats

TraceTogether vaccination lack of update

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Jgrif96229
Regular
Regular

TraceTogether vaccination lack of update

Post by Jgrif96229 » Thu, 28 Oct 2021 8:23 pm

I have a print out of my
Covid -19 Vaccination Certificate with QR code from GlenEagle Hospital.
Fourteen days from October 5th second dose means fully vaccinated as of October 19th.
Updated TraceTogether from version 2.9 to 2.10.
Filed several Vaccination Status Queries and received acknowledgement.
Several phone calls to the hotline each time a different answer.

Read a media article by a mother whose daughter was 20 days out from full and TraceTogether still had not updated.

It is a problem now as malls and dining only accept TraceTogether
proof.

Anyone else having this problem.
Joseph griffin

smokkk

Re: TraceTogether vaccination lack of update

Post by smokkk » Thu, 28 Oct 2021 8:25 pm

Hello,
did you updated actually (qr)vaccination certificate to newest version? In my opinion 2.10 is not newest update...

Jgrif96229
Regular
Regular

Post by Jgrif96229 » Thu, 28 Oct 2021 8:32 pm

GlenEagle provided the certificate and told me it is exactly what they provided MOH.
I saw online that TraceTogether 2.10 is the latest. If you know of something else let me know.
Joseph griffin

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Oct 2021 11:47 pm

smokkk wrote:
Thu, 28 Oct 2021 8:25 pm
Hello,
did you updated actually (qr)vaccination certificate to newest version? In my opinion 2.10 is not newest update...
It will depend on whether you are using and apple product or Android. The update number don't agree with each other but the version is the latest.

Joseph, it can take up to two weeks to have TraceTogether updated. They are that far behind. No surprises there.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Jgrif96229
Regular
Regular

Post by Jgrif96229 » Fri, 29 Oct 2021 12:29 am

Android
Joseph griffin

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Fri, 29 Oct 2021 1:19 am

Do the malls not consider the slip of paper that they hand out after the 2nd dose?

Jgrif96229
Regular
Regular

Post by Jgrif96229 » Fri, 29 Oct 2021 1:43 am

I carry the vaccination certificate with me
Most malls are understanding but I had a bad experiences at others saying it is Tracetogether or no entry. The QR code on the certificate scans using the original pre TraceTogether QR reader.

The other question is why do so many medical offices still use the QR reader system and not TraceTogether?
Joseph griffin

MikeJones
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by MikeJones » Fri, 29 Oct 2021 9:57 am

There is a separate health declaration form you need to fill in when visiting medical offices which is uses a different QR code and system, if you are accompanying a patient (I've done this a couple of times with my wife) then you just use Trace Together. It is a bit of a pain and confusing though, I don't see why they couldn't include it all in the same app.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 3:40 am

smoulder wrote:
Fri, 29 Oct 2021 1:19 am
Do the malls not consider the slip of paper that they hand out after the 2nd dose?
I’m pretty sure its discretionary. Most malls I’ve been to only seem to accept the tracetogether verification.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 3:42 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 28 Oct 2021 11:47 pm
smokkk wrote:
Hello,
It will depend on whether you are using and apple product or Android. The update number don't agree with each other but the version is the latest.

Joseph, it can take up to two weeks to have TraceTogether updated. They are that far behind. No surprises there.
2 weeks? That’s ridiculous. Mine was updated immediately, thank goodness. Have they slowed down since then?

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 7:49 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 30 Oct 2021 3:42 am
smokkk wrote:
Hello,

2 weeks? That’s ridiculous. Mine was updated immediately, thank goodness. Have they slowed down since then?
Mine took 2 weeks as well. Between the second jab and the 14th day it was showing a status that read something like "waiting for the vaccine to take effect".

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Sun, 31 Oct 2021 12:22 am

smoulder wrote:
Sat, 30 Oct 2021 7:49 am
Lisafuller wrote:

Mine took 2 weeks as well. Between the second jab and the 14th day it was showing a status that read something like "waiting for the vaccine to take effect".
That's the normal 2 weeks as it should be. You are only considered vaccinated after your body has had enough time to react to the vaccine.

Here I'm guessing as the Griffin guy shares limited pieces only, were are talking about that there was additional delay before the sinovac he got at a private hospital, was supposed to be effective already, still not updated in tracetogether.

Don't follow SOP causes trouble

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sun, 31 Oct 2021 12:57 am

Sinovac? Maybe there's something different about that? I had the official Pfizer jab.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 01 Nov 2021 12:53 am

smoulder wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:

I meant 2 weeks after the jab it was updated immediately. I’m pretty sure SMS meant 2 weeks after the vaccine had taken effect.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 01 Nov 2021 12:54 am

ProvenPracticalFlexible wrote:
Sun, 31 Oct 2021 12:22 am
smoulder wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:

That's the normal 2 weeks as it should be. You are only considered vaccinated after your body has had enough time to react to the vaccine.

Here I'm guessing as the Griffin guy shares limited pieces only, were are talking about that there was additional delay before the sinovac he got at a private hospital, was supposed to be effective already, still not updated in tracetogether.

Don't follow SOP causes trouble
I think the op meant 2 weeks after the vaccine was supposed to have taken effect.