Singapore Expats

Lost job during PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Sandoz

Lost job during PR application

Post by Sandoz » Wed, 27 Oct 2021 8:10 pm

Hi, I applied for PR in SG almost 4 months ago. PR application status is ‘pending’. I lost my job recently and my EP has now been cancelled. I am now on STVP (short term visit pass), which is valid for 1 month. I had anticipated this turn of events & therefore also got a PEP issued, IPA for PEP has already been granted. While I am likely to secure a better job in next 1 month, my question is, do I need to inform ICA of the current situation or inform them only once I have a new job. Just want to understand if it’s better to inform them & keep them updated, lest they reject my PR application on the basis of STVP.
Feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Re: Lost job during PR application

Post by Ignorant1 » Thu, 28 Oct 2021 10:07 am

Sandoz wrote:
Wed, 27 Oct 2021 8:10 pm
Hi, I applied for PR in SG almost 4 months ago. PR application status is ‘pending’. I lost my job recently and my EP has now been cancelled. I am now on STVP (short term visit pass), which is valid for 1 month. I had anticipated this turn of events & therefore also got a PEP issued, IPA for PEP has already been granted. While I am likely to secure a better job in next 1 month, my question is, do I need to inform ICA of the current situation or inform them only once I have a new job. Just want to understand if it’s better to inform them & keep them updated, lest they reject my PR application on the basis of STVP.
Feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

My wife had changed jobs during application. We had informed Ica . They requested us to provide fresh annex 4a from new employer. I would suggest you do that too . I am guessing that next salary would be higher that present one ( which is a positive for your application )

Maybe just use “change of job” and not “lost job” for optics sake .

Best of luck !

Sandoz

Post by Sandoz » Thu, 28 Oct 2021 2:01 pm

Many thanks for ur feedback. Yes salary will be more than previous role, however there will be a lag of a month or two before I accept the new offer, as currently I’m still working out the options. From what I gather, you are suggesting that I inform them only once I have the new offer in hand?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Oct 2021 2:17 pm

Only after you have worked one full month and have your pay voucher in hand. Send the digital copy of that and your letter of appointment to ICA along with a new Annex A and you should be good to go. Do NOT try to jump the gun - you will only throw a spanner into the works and then it will take longer for a determination due to having to unscramble the mess you will create.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sandoz

Post by Sandoz » Thu, 28 Oct 2021 3:31 pm

Thank u for ur feedback & help! Best wishes

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 3:49 am

That’s unfortunate. SMS has offered some good advice, best of luck to you.

Sandoz

Post by Sandoz » Sun, 31 Oct 2021 11:02 am

Thanks for ur wishes!

dazed&confused

Post by dazed&confused » Thu, 03 Feb 2022 11:03 am

Hi everyone,

Appreciate your thoughts on the below matter. I applied for PR under PTS scheme in May 2021. Similar to the above post, lost my job in Sep 2021. Was given 2 mth STVP by MOM during which I managed to find a job. Joined new firm in Nov 2021.

In the meantime my Singpass was deactivated sometime before my new EP was issued (Singpass Reactivated end Nov 2021)

Notified ICA of job change (with new job offer letter) on 15 Dec. ICA acknowledged the receipt of the email and said they would ask for more docs if needed. Within the next week received a Rejection letter (standard reply: “May re-apply if there is a change in circumstance”)

1) Wondering if Singpass deactivation would have resulted in the auto rejection? (Since an active Singpass indicates one holds a valid long term pass?)

2) Is there any one who has had a similar experience?

3) Is there any merit in reapplying within next 6 mths given my case above? (if one is prepared to bear 100$ Consequence)

28 Yrs Indian Male
MSc Eng from local uni
working in SG since 2018 in Chemical mfg
Applied as single applicant for the first time

Appreciate your views, Thank you very much!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 03 Feb 2022 11:12 am

dazed&confused wrote:
Thu, 03 Feb 2022 11:03 am
Hi everyone,

Appreciate your thoughts on the below matter. I applied for PR under PTS scheme in May 2021. Similar to the above post, lost my job in Sep 2021. Was given 2 mth STVP by MOM during which I managed to find a job. Joined new firm in Nov 2021.

In the meantime my Singpass was deactivated sometime before my new EP was issued (Singpass Reactivated end Nov 2021)

Notified ICA of job change (with new job offer letter) on 15 Dec. ICA acknowledged the receipt of the email and said they would ask for more docs if needed. Within the next week received a Rejection letter (standard reply: “May re-apply if there is a change in circumstance”)

1) Wondering if Singpass deactivation would have resulted in the auto rejection? (Since an active Singpass indicates one holds a valid long term pass?)

2) Is there any one who has had a similar experience?

3) Is there any merit in reapplying within next 6 mths given my case above? (if one is prepared to bear 100$ Consequence)

28 Yrs Indian Male
MSc Eng from local uni
working in SG since 2018 in Chemical mfg
Applied as single applicant for the first time

Appreciate your views, Thank you very much!
1) No
3) No. Outcome will be the same