Singapore Expats

ESSENTIAL TECHNIQUES FOR BEGINNERS IN DOWNHILL SKATEBOARDING

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Re: Part-time job on DP

Post by therat » Tue, 26 Oct 2021 9:16 am

miltonharvey wrote:
Tue, 26 Oct 2021 9:07 am
Hi,

I'm on a DP and mostly taking care of 3 children at home. Although we don't have an urgent need for an additional salary, I am considering working part-time if I can find such an opportunity.

I have been quite disconnected from the business world this last year so I don't know where to start, if you have some tips or ideas for me that would be appreciated.

Also, I have seen lots of comments on what you can or can't do with a DP but there's a lot of info, sometimes conflicting so I'm confused. Can someone summarize what you can actually do with a DP here?
new rule effective from 1 May 2021
https://www.mom.gov.sg/-/media/mom/docu ... olders.pdf

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Re: Part-time job on DP

Post by Myasis Dragon » Tue, 26 Oct 2021 10:14 pm

Therat's post accurately describes the requirements to live in Singapore and work for a Singapore company (or yourself, which has its own set of problems to work out).

Obtaining a work pass for part time work could be difficult since passes also include salary minimums which are expressed in dollars per month. If not earning the minimum, you won't qualify for a pass.

You can work for an overseas company without the need for a work permit, if the company has no legal presence in Singapore and if it provides no goods and services in Singapore. You still pay Singapore income tax on your earnings. There are quite a few threads on this subject.