Singapore Expats

EP and S Pass Application October 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Rhanjo

EP and S Pass Application October 2021

Post by Rhanjo » Sun, 24 Oct 2021 10:10 pm

Hi All!

apologies if it's been asked previously.
lil bit of my background:
I'm from Indonesia and has 7 years experience in a Big4 firms. Recently I got offered by second tier firm in Singapore and I've signed the contract and they have processed my work permits on Oct 14, 2021.

I got informed by my employer that they are applying for both E Pass and S Pass at the same time. is it possible to apply for both? I checked the EP online and the screen only showing that the application is E Pass and not showing both. anybody have the same experience or maybe can help me on this?

Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP and S Pass Application October 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Oct 2021 12:26 am

It's the same application. However, one of the questions on the application goes something like this: "If you are unsuccessful in your application for an EP, will you consider an S pass?" Basically, if you don't tick that box yes, then if your EP is not approved, you will not be considered for an S pass at all AND the company cannot apply subsequently for an S pass. I'm a retired HR Manager. Some companies will not give you that option as they don't want to incur the S pass monthly levy which is somewhere over $800/month. Not sure of the amount now as I retired 2.5 years ago.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Rhanjo

Re: EP and S Pass Application October 2021

Post by Rhanjo » Mon, 25 Oct 2021 11:26 am

Hi,

thanks for your explanation. it helps a lot.
:) :) :)