Singapore Expats Forum

where to find LAVA LAMPS

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

crystal

where to find LAVA LAMPS

Postby crystal » Wed, 30 Mar 2005 6:08 pm

Hi,

I'm been looking everywhere but can't find one, anyone knows where to get a lava lamp? Or if anyone is selling it? Thanks.

email : forever98329@yahoo.com

Postby Guest » Thu, 31 Mar 2005 9:14 am

I saw lava lamps at Takasamaya. They are near the photo frames under the up escalator on the stationary and cooking equipment floor which is the one under Orchard Rd level.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 4:10 pm

Second floor Kiosk looking out over the help desk at Parkway Parade.

Postby Guest » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 5:33 pm

Bafana wrote:Second floor Kiosk looking out over the help desk at Parkway Parade.

Bafana these lamps are too pricey and not very good for your health :lol:
They emit some kind of dangerous rays which affect one's well-being :!:

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Sun, 03 Apr 2005 1:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:Bafana these lamps are too pricey and not very good for your health :lol:
They emit some kind of dangerous rays which affect one's well-being :!:

I bought two yesterday.

One for the bedroom and one for the Lounge Room.

I can say they have an almost immediate relaxation effect on me. Maybe it takes a couple of days for the mutataion to start :wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 03 Apr 2005 2:00 pm

Bafana
Anonymous wrote:They emit some kind of dangerous rays which affect one's well-being :!:

Be careful. Be Very Careful! Those dangerous rays, I believe, are called light! :roll:

If I'm not mistaken, they are usually powered by around a 40W incandescent bulb right? :wink:

sms

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 03 Apr 2005 6:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Be careful. Be Very Careful! Those dangerous rays, I believe, are called light! :roll:

You are wise to caution Bafana... he is exposing himself (he may well be experienced in this area) to electromagnetic RADIATION!

Baffs4U

Postby Baffs4U » Sun, 03 Apr 2005 8:38 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Be careful. Be Very Careful! Those dangerous rays, I believe, are called light! :roll:

You are wise to caution Bafana... he is exposing himself (he may well be experienced in this area) to electromagnetic RADIATION!

I was only concerned about Baffs' health and his well-being :!: No need to be so sarcastic ppls :lol: You know Baffs is not very good at looking after his health, he gets up to all kinds of dangerous and health hazardous antics...... he needs a 'mummy' to take care of him and to remind him constantly about all the hazards that are out there in this wild and dangerous world of ours:D

I was a little bit alarmed to read somewhere that lava lamps can cause insomnia and I did not want Baffy the vampire killer to suffer sleepless nights folks :!: I am sure you can appreciate my concern for this dear little soul who is doing such a fabulous job of moderating us all hooligans on this forum :lol:

Baff honey, don't take any notice of these jealous ones. They are so envious of you because they don't have someone special like me to take care of them darling :D

By the way, you are sooooooooooooooooo rite in stating that catholics follow the true teachings of our dear Lord, Lord Jesus Christ. Catholic Church has always made sure to do so and has nothing to do with other christians who follow the Bible which has been modified millions of times by some idiotic kings to suit their needs.

Yes, a fine example of this would be the fat, ugly and prone to gluttonony, king Henry the 7th/8th not sure, of England. He broke away from the Church in Rome to marry his equally imbecile brother's widow. Since then England became known as C of E with Queenie as the head of the Church as well as of the Parliament :lol: It is quite hilarious, isn't it :?: He, then went on to marry at least eight more wives. Shocking, isn't it :?: :shock: This he did after beheading each and every previous wife before marrying the next on grounds of 'treason' :wink: These beheadings were carried out at the Tower of London, for which the nearest underground station is 'Tower Hill' or something to that effect :!: Not so sure again :D

I would not waste my time to go see this place ever and what for :?: To see how their witless king carried out his acts of barbarianism without anyone voicing an opposition :?: Not over my dead body :!:

I hope this has helped you vastly in the ways of the English kings :lol:

Take care now and let me know if you need anymore history lessons.

Bye for now :(

PS If you ever get the chance to read 'Man for all Seasons' do so. It tells you about the dishonesty and wickedness of the King mentioned above :evil:

Re: where to find LAVA LAMPS

Postby Guest » Tue, 05 Apr 2005 4:14 pm

crystal wrote:Hi,

I'm been looking everywhere but can't find one, anyone knows where to get a lava lamp? Or if anyone is selling it? Thanks.

email : forever98329@yahoo.com

Have you tried the e_bay yet :?:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Apr 2005 5:12 pm

Bafana

Hope you didn't buy them here in Singapore. The ones I saw in Centrepoint were about $100+. If you bought two, should have bought them at amazon.com and had them delivered by vPost.

Check it out at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/searc ... 83-5893446 for 10.99 each.

sms

Has the mutation started yet? Understand some symptoms are you start dressing up like Austin Powers :D

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue, 05 Apr 2005 8:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Bafana

Hope you didn't buy them here in Singapore. The ones I saw in Centrepoint were about $100+. If you bought two, should have bought them at amazon.com and had them delivered by vPost.

Check it out at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/searc ... 83-5893446 for 10.99 each.

sms

Has the mutation started yet? Understand some symptoms are you start dressing up like Austin Powers :D

Did you say $100+ :?: If so, this is way too cheaper than the ones I found in Marina Square. Care to know the price :?: I can tell you they are way higher than $100, they are twice and a half that much :shock:

I think Baffs has started melting instead of mutating....lah :lol: This could be one of the reasons he is not responding to our posts :D Can you see any brightly colored fluid/liquid flowing and spreading underneath your doors or the main gate :wink: If so, it must be Baffs in a liquid form :lol:

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Has the mutation started yet? Understand some symptoms are you start dressing up like Austin Powers :D

No mutations yet...

The one I got were 69 and 79 dollars each.

From 2nd Level Kiosk at Parkway Parade on Marine Parade.