Singapore Expats

Furniture Delivery to Condo

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Singapore Admiral

Furniture Delivery to Condo

Post by Singapore Admiral » Thu, 21 Oct 2021 10:11 pm

Sorry if this seems a dumb question but I have moved to Singapore a few months now and I had my main shipment of furniture arrive, this was fine and the management were made aware and the movers engaged with them and filled in the forms etc. But when ordering one or two pieces of furniture for delivery, say from IKEA, is it also common to have to go the whole hog on delivery by contacting management and ensuring there is security deposit/lift padding?

It isnt that clear from anything I have read from my condo and I feel like if I do flag a delivery of one sole armchair they will still want to go through the full rigmarole of delivery procedures with lift padding etc?

I am happy to do it if that is the case but dont want to if not required.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Furniture Delivery to Condo

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 23 Oct 2021 12:26 am

No. If the furniture items are small enough to fit in the lift with room to spare, you don't need to worry about padding the lift. Depending on your management’s policy you might need to notify them of the delivery though.