Singapore Expats

Vaccinated Travel Lane flights from London; feedback please

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
musical box
Regular
Regular

Vaccinated Travel Lane flights from London; feedback please

Post by musical box » Tue, 19 Oct 2021 9:38 pm

I fly 06 Nov so great to hear of your actual experience.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Vaccinated Travel Lane flights from London; feedback please

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 20 Oct 2021 1:44 pm

Too early. Only started yesterday. I came in as Cat 1 from Taiwan which is similar and it was tedious but ok. SHN until you clear the swab... keep in mind if you're positive result it will be a definite disruption.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 23 Oct 2021 12:32 am

Apparently around 250 travelers arrived via the VTL yesterday, perhaps one of them is active on the forum and can answer. I will say that I’m ecstatic about this, the easing of requirements makes it so much easier (and cheaper) to travel as a family.

Gardener

Post by Gardener » Mon, 25 Oct 2021 6:36 pm

Has anyone successfully applied for the VTL pass. My daughter is having problem uploading the NHS vaccination certificate. Emailed ICA and I tried to call helpline but only recorded message to say high call volume and please call later.

Any tips will be much appreciated. Thanks

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 25 Oct 2021 11:37 pm

Unfortunately there’s not much more you can do. Try calling again or send a follow-up email.

musical box
Regular
Regular

Post by musical box » Thu, 28 Oct 2021 7:28 pm

anyone come in on a VTL flight?

jwoods1864
Regular
Regular

Post by jwoods1864 » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 2:04 am

Gardener wrote:Has anyone successfully applied for the VTL pass. My daughter is having problem uploading the NHS vaccination certificate. Emailed ICA and I tried to call helpline but only recorded message to say high call volume and please call later.

Well she doesn’t have to upload the certificate. She does need to upload the two QR codes from the app via screenshot. Do it as two separate screenshots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwoods1864
Regular
Regular

Post by jwoods1864 » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 2:07 am

Gardener wrote:Has anyone successfully applied for the VTL pass. My daughter is having problem uploading the NHS vaccination certificate. Emailed ICA and I tried to call helpline but only recorded message to say high call volume and please call later.

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/faq#numberofcodes

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 3:24 am

musical box wrote:
Thu, 28 Oct 2021 7:28 pm
anyone come in on a VTL flight?
I had a family friend arrive from London a couple days ago. Tested negative.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 3:25 am

jwoods1864 wrote:
Sat, 30 Oct 2021 2:04 am

Well she doesn’t have to upload the certificate. She does need to upload the two QR codes from the app via screenshot. Do it as two separate screenshots.

Wow, I had no idea QR codes were even a thing. Are they printed on the fax certs?

jwoods1864
Regular
Regular

Post by jwoods1864 » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 3:27 am

Yep but she needs to use the digital codes from the NHS app i think. That’s what I did anyway.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 3:46 am

jwoods1864 wrote:
Sat, 30 Oct 2021 3:27 am
Yep but she needs to use the digital codes from the NHS app i think. That’s what I did anyway.

I see, had no idea this was even a thing. Sometimes I forget that Tracetogether is unique to Singapore.

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 10:24 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 30 Oct 2021 3:46 am
jwoods1864 wrote:

I see, had no idea this was even a thing. Sometimes I forget that Tracetogether is unique to Singapore.
It is a Singapore app and only works here. But most EU countries have a similar apps either optional or mandatory to use, depending on local requirements, that do the contact tracing, and help you to provide either vaccine certificate or recent covid test results as needed. Carrying a paper copy is an option too in some countries but obviously not that practical.
https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-tra ... ificate_en

Also Singapore government does issue digital (QR code included) Covid vaccination certificates, that's what you need to travel in most countries, and that can be submitted to EU countries system to get the local certificate that scanners there at restaurants etc can read.
You can get those easily at www.notarise.gov.sg

After registering it to one of the EU countries, you can add it to your phones wallet app; like iphones Apple wallet or yourwallet on android.

The good thing is that when you register it in one country, it's valid for all EU and some other 18 countries who have adopted the same standard/system, makes it a bit smoother. Was quite straight forward, took less than 15 min to do online, and no charges.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 14 Dec 2021 1:44 am

ProvenPracticalFlexible wrote:
Tue, 02 Nov 2021 10:24 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 30 Oct 2021 3:46 am
jwoods1864 wrote:

It is a Singapore app and only works here. But most EU countries have a similar apps either optional or mandatory to use, depending on local requirements, that do the contact tracing, and help you to provide either vaccine certificate or recent covid test results as needed. Carrying a paper copy is an option too in some countries but obviously not that practical.
https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-tra ... ificate_en

Also Singapore government does issue digital (QR code included) Covid vaccination certificates, that's what you need to travel in most countries, and that can be submitted to EU countries system to get the local certificate that scanners there at restaurants etc can read.
You can get those easily at www.notarise.gov.sg

After registering it to one of the EU countries, you can add it to your phones wallet app; like iphones Apple wallet or yourwallet on android.

The good thing is that when you register it in one country, it's valid for all EU and some other 18 countries who have adopted the same standard/system, makes it a bit smoother. Was quite straight forward, took less than 15 min to do online, and no charges.
I actually registered for my digital QR a couple days ago while planning a trip to the US (cancelled for now, unfortunately) and was pleasantly surprised that the code was rendered in 5 minutes, super fast! Much easier than I had imagined.