Singapore Expats

EP renewal currently

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
DOC0905

EP renewal currently

Post by DOC0905 » Sun, 17 Oct 2021 11:30 pm

Hello

May I request users to share experience and information about the current trend on EP renewal here in Singapore generally.

Also any specific views on EP renewal for non IT roles in Financial & Banking industry .

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP renewal currently

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 18 Oct 2021 2:33 pm

We haven't see any that I'm aware of (with regard to bog-standard renewals). Now if they had given up their EP 3 years ago and are currently on expiring PEPs it might be interesting to know as the MOM gave the PEP with the idea that they would apply for PR. If they haven't when they try to go back on an EP (It's a new application even though working for the same company,) there is always the chance of the MOM not approving the new EP for whatever reasons. But a bog standard EP renewal isn't a problem UNLESS the employee doesn't meet the new criteria if it changed over the previous 2/3 years. Then yes, there is a possibility of rejection especially if the employee refuses an S pass downgrade.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers