Singapore Expats

Applying for pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sarahsvll

Applying for pass

Post by sarahsvll » Sun, 17 Oct 2021 5:09 am

Hi everyone,
I would like to ask for suggestion for my current condition. I do not have any experience on this one, and my condition is kind of complicated, I would say.
Last edited by sarahsvll on Thu, 17 Mar 2022 4:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

YongSin1

Re: Applying for ICA-issued LTVP for single unmarried Mother of a child with Student Pass after holding a StudentPass be

Post by YongSin1 » Tue, 19 Oct 2021 5:48 pm

Hi Sarah,

Your father can become your sponsor, and you can hold a LTVP under the category of "Mother or Grandmother of a child or grandchild studying in Singapore on a Student’s Pass", which pegged with your daughter's student pass.

The method of doing it is non conventional, need to know the exact method of doing it. I have helped 2 single mother did the same and got their LTVP.

sarahsvll

Re: Applying for ICA-issued LTVP for single unmarried Mother of a child with Student Pass after holding a StudentPass be

Post by sarahsvll » Tue, 19 Oct 2021 8:27 pm

Hi YongSin1, thank you for your reply.
Last edited by sarahsvll on Mon, 07 Feb 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Oct 2021 1:45 am

He is talking about a Péidú māmā. Or in plain English a "Study Mama".

https://www.ica.gov.sg/reside/LTVP/appl ... ent's-pass

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Study_mama
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sarahsvll

Post by sarahsvll » Wed, 20 Oct 2021 1:57 am

Hi sundaymorningstaple, thanks for your reply.
Last edited by sarahsvll on Mon, 07 Feb 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Wed, 20 Oct 2021 8:38 am

sarahsvll wrote:
Wed, 20 Oct 2021 1:57 am
Hi sundaymorningstaple, thanks for your reply.
Yes, I've read some information about study mama, and from what I've read so far none similar or even close with my condition. So, are you saying it's not worth to give it a try applying it to ICA? Some of my friends suggest me to do so, because ICA might give a chance to make interview(s) with me and my sponsor regarding the condition, so that they think there might be a chance (?)
Your case is very unique.
Suggest you to approach ICA directly.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Oct 2021 3:56 pm

ICA is pretty understanding when approached with your hat in your hand. But getting puffery and indignant is the surest way to failure. As your case is different, it is going to take some effort to explain it to them, but once they understand/comprehend the issue, I'm pretty sure they will find a way. But you also need to remember, they are civil servants and not at liberty to make those decisions at clerk level so be prepared to have to wait a bit here and there. But as therat says, it's going to take a direct approach and preferably without any legal service trying to intervene on your behalf. Keep us posted on your quest, if you don't mind. It's how we gain the knowledge we impart to others in the future.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 20 Oct 2021 4:00 pm

Who is the father on your daughter's birth cert? This will come up.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sarahsvll

Post by sarahsvll » Wed, 20 Oct 2021 5:35 pm

Hi guys,
thank you for all your reply.
Last edited by sarahsvll on Mon, 07 Feb 2022 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

jancoex

Post by jancoex » Wed, 20 Oct 2021 6:36 pm

Hey Sarah,
From here https://www.ica.gov.sg/reside/LTVP/apply ,
we can know that you can apply LTVP if you are:
1. Spouse of a Singapore citizen (SC)
2. Spouse of a Singapore permanent resident (PR)
3. Child (aged under 21) of a Singapore citizen (SC) or Singapore permanent resident (PR)
4. Parent of a Singapore citizen (SC) or Singapore permanent resident (PR)
6. Graduate from an Institute of Higher Learning seeking employment in Singapore
7. Mother or Grandmother of a child or grandchild studying in Singapore on a Student’s Pass
8. Visitor seeking permission to give birth in Singapore

and from I get from your case: PR (your father) can be your sponsor for point 2, 3, 4, or 7.

In your case, you are included in
- point 3 (though you are not under 21 y.o)
- point 6 (though you are not from IHLs)
- point 7 (though you are missing some documents and the terms for this point do not meet your purpose for job seeking)

In my mind, idk to apply for LTVP whether ICA will take only 1 "fulfilled point" from these points OR they will consider some "unfulfiled points" (which are you are in) to take into consideration later when u apply. It's like, yes you are a foreign child of a PR (but above 21 yo) that will graduate from SG (but not from a IHLs) and also a mother of a grandchild of a PR which is your own father (you 3 are family members but lack the requirements). Perhaps, I'd be pretty confused to take decision if I were an ICA worker :), no offense but like everyone says, this is pretty unique case and maybe only ICA can answer

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 21 Oct 2021 8:44 pm

You messed up putting your current partner down as the father even though he isn't. You should have fought that issue at the time.

To back that mistake out is hard.

sarahsvll

Post by sarahsvll » Mon, 01 Nov 2021 1:57 am

Hi guys, thank you again for your reply and opinion
Last edited by sarahsvll on Mon, 07 Feb 2022 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 01 Nov 2021 9:18 am

You cannot rely on STVP extensions.