Singapore Expats

Got my PR IPA! Some question regarding some document.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
thefinestpiece

Got my PR IPA! Some question regarding some document.

Post by thefinestpiece » Wed, 13 Oct 2021 8:19 pm

Hey guys! After waiting for more than a year, 5 attempts over 23 years, I have finally received THE letter!

Anyways, I'm posting this in regards to a document that I have submitted along with my PR application a year ago. I applied my PR under PTS scheme and have submitted my family's particular in said application. I was wondering if I require to show my family's particular during the appointment?

I'm asking because of a sentence in the IPA letter that said to submit every document that I have submitted for the application.

Sunjackal
Regular
Regular

Re: Got my PR IPA! Some question regarding some document.

Post by Sunjackal » Wed, 13 Oct 2021 8:56 pm

Do you mean they’ve asked you to provide it at the interview? Just take everything that they’ve listed just to be safe.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Wed, 13 Oct 2021 11:25 pm

thefinestpiece wrote:
Wed, 13 Oct 2021 8:19 pm
Hey guys! After waiting for more than a year, 5 attempts over 23 years, I have finally received THE letter!

Anyways, I'm posting this in regards to a document that I have submitted along with my PR application a year ago. I applied my PR under PTS scheme and have submitted my family's particular in said application. I was wondering if I require to show my family's particular during the appointment?

I'm asking because of a sentence in the IPA letter that said to submit every document that I have submitted for the application.
Sounds like you deserve a pint of IPA!

Geez, 23 years just to get PR? Maybe after multiple decades here maybe they figure you have shaken off any Indonesian persuasions and have reached sufficient cultural affinity.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

gold.spot
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by gold.spot » Fri, 15 Oct 2021 11:30 am

For me, I carried the original documents (like certs) and a printout of everything I'd submitted (this was from before the ePR time, when everything was hardcopy), but the officer already had everything I'd submitted previously in a file. I'm not sure how it'd be for the revised online submissions.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 15 Oct 2021 12:20 pm

I think it's primarily nothing more than to visually see the original docs just to confirm submitted docs weren't copies of copies. It's always best to carry at least what they ask for otherwise, you are just deliberately giving them cause for doubt. I, like Mal, got my PR long before eApplications. When I had my interview untimately one question came up and that was why I didn't submit my employment history with SBC/TCS. I had a long letter from SBC detailing all the different serials I'd filmed in and as I explained, the application asked for my chronological employment history. My career with SBC/TCS had been going on since 1988 but always on a part-time basis as the token Ang Mo in their Chinese Mandarin Drama Serials. It wasn't chronological but as and when needed and ongoing with the understanding between SBC (Under a Statutory board back then) and the MOM & IRAS. In my case this started another conversation (but basically after the interview was finished) with regards to my acting here in SG (with who, what series, etc, I had my PR 2 weeks later. It was probably the flourish that showed complete integration here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PartyLike-A-Russian
Regular
Regular

Post by PartyLike-A-Russian » Wed, 20 Oct 2021 11:18 am

malcontent wrote:
Wed, 13 Oct 2021 11:25 pm
thefinestpiece wrote:
Wed, 13 Oct 2021 8:19 pm

Sounds like you deserve a pint of IPA!

Geez, 23 years just to get PR? Maybe after multiple decades here maybe they figure you have shaken off any Indonesian persuasions and have reached sufficient cultural affinity.
When I read "5 attempts over the last 23 years", I thought of an Indian/Others couple with children who came here in their late 20s or early 30s 25 years ago and finally got it after struggling for so long.

But given the fact he is 26 and Chinese Indonesian, I wonder why he said, "5 attempts over the last 23 years." And I am not surprised he got it. The low income might have been the reason why he got rejected 4 times.