Singapore Expats

HR timeline

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
smoulder
Editor
Editor

Re: HR timeline

Post by smoulder » Fri, 15 Oct 2021 11:20 am

Myasis Dragon wrote:
Fri, 15 Oct 2021 12:24 am
sn84 wrote:
Thu, 14 Oct 2021 2:57 pm
As expected, it was bad news. Checked in with HR yesterday, they informed they could not meet my terms (as in counter offer) but they did not reply last week when I asked. Asked if the old offer is still on the table but they said they rescinded it and they are now interviewing new people. Hm….

What a pity. It was my mistake to a certain extent but they did not make it clear that it is non negotiable and the whole process was very slow so I reckon they were on the fence about me then…
Don't believe them for a minute. Chances are excellent that they are lying. It's equally likely that they've cancelled the position because of budgetary reasons... or they have learned that no one will work for the meager pay they are offering.

If they were really interested in you, they would have come back with something like, "We like you, we cannot pay you that much." But, they didn't, and that means that the job offer was specious, at best.
Possible also that they found someone who is willing to transfer internally and just don't want to let him know about it.

It happened to me once with an Aussie company. They had guys fly in from Australia to interview me though in all fairness they probably had other things to do while they were in Singapore. They told me that I was ahead of the other person they were interviewing. And then they went cold - just when I was expecting them to send me the offer. At least in their case, they were open enough to tell me that they found someone to do an internal transfer from Australia - after I called them to check.