Singapore Expats

Old Bonds

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Old Bonds

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Mon, 04 Oct 2021 1:29 pm

Went to see the new James Bond over the weekend, and that is more for adult audience, plus to enjoy it you'd need to have seen the older ones, as it's kind of movie homage to the old ones.

But now thinking that kids would be ready to watch together with me the older lighter James Bonds, which are more like action comedies. So would anyone know which streaming service offers those in Singapore. Netflix doesn't, so wondering what options there are, or is it only via DVDs.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: Old Bonds

Post by malcontent » Tue, 05 Oct 2021 2:15 pm

According to one seemingly reliable US source on the web… “all of the Bond movies are available to at least rent or buy from services such as Google Play, iTunes or Amazon Prime.” However, the Singapore streaming library for each of these 3 services can be different than what is available in the US. Amazon Prime is cheap here, so I’d check there first.

Over this past summer I had to re-contract my US VPN to access content for my son (he wanted to see ALL of the Star Trek movies and shows ever made post 1985, after we finished everything Netflix had). It took the VPN plus a 30 day free trial of Paramount Plus, and that got us almost everything.

In the process of getting my VPN back up and running, I discovered that NBC launched a new app called Peacock that has a boat load of free content, no credit card or trial needed. But for some reason Peacock only works on our Apple TV when connected to VPN. Any other device fails and it detects the VPN, even our US purchased Amazon Fire stick. VPN is an imperfect solution for many reasons, but I guess beggars can’t be choosers.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Wed, 06 Oct 2021 5:18 pm

just got a notificaiton fm youtube..they're now renting or selling videos..

can try them.. youtube.com/movies
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Thu, 07 Oct 2021 10:09 am

thanks, that youtube seems to work here and they do have all the old classics. price is though 18.98S$ per movie, but well covid times you save on movie expenses.

looked the amazon prime, but seems like streaming would only work in US for the 3.95$ rent option per movie. Singapore doesn't seem to have those. but proposes to buy all the movies on blue ray for 125S$. which is not a bad price actually for an original set of 24 movies.