Singapore Expats

Looking for House to rent

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Anumy001

Looking for House to rent

Post by Anumy001 » Sun, 03 Oct 2021 6:45 pm

Hi, my family and I will relocating to Singapore in November. We are family of 3 (husband, wife and 4yo). We are looking for a whole unit to rent that allow cooking. Our budget is maximum SGD2000. Is it possible to find a nice space within this budget. My husband is the only one who is working. So we are in tight budget.
Should we find a space now or wait until we enter Singapore first. Is it possible to not use agent?
Hope someone can help us or share experience so we get the idea what to expect.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Looking for House to rent

Post by abbby » Sun, 03 Oct 2021 8:12 pm

I'm not too sure about HDB rents, but $2k sounds a bit difficult to find a unit for rent.
I think might have to stretch your budget or share a HDB/condo.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Re: Looking for House to rent

Post by smoulder » Sun, 03 Oct 2021 9:02 pm

I believe 2k will get you a 2 bedroom hdb in quite a few heartland estates. I think that you should probably find yourself a hotel room for a month (see if your company will reimburse you as much as possible).

You should probably be able to get yourself an hdb in that time. Yes without an agent. The vast majority of transactions that take place happen via the internet. I would suggest looking up some typical tenancy agreements on some of these sites - that will come in handy for sure.