Singapore Expats

Any fresh graduates has their EP rejected this year?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Metameta

Any fresh graduates has their EP rejected this year?

Post by Metameta » Wed, 29 Sep 2021 4:45 pm

Hi all, I am currently researching on 2021 fresh graduates in local universities that have their EP rejected this year. I am a journalist with SPH and in contact with MOM to clarify recent EP rejection reasons but lack case studies of fresh graduates affected by this current climate. Please email me if you would like to submit your case for review at [email protected], thank you!

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Re: Any fresh graduates has their EP rejected this year?

Post by Myasis Dragon » Thu, 30 Sep 2021 11:57 pm

Wait a minute... are you talking about "fresh" FOREIGN graduates? How many do you think there are? How many who graduated intended to immediately work on EP?

This sounds fishy to me.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Oct 2021 2:49 am

They, like M'sians, have a special codicil what allows them the get EP at a reduced salary similar to what M'sians get when applying for EP. MD, quite a few as that's how the universities float their boat with foreign students (always been a large number as long as I can remember). I reckon the vast majority of the foreigners who graduate try to take up positions here rather than returning to their 3rd world hovels. They also, if on scholarships, have a 3 year gov't bond so they tend to stick around at least that long so they don't burn any bridges. Most finished with higher ranks than the locals do, so are usually easily employed (even as freshers. Rejections used to be rare. So it sounds like something is afoot. Interesting.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Post by Myasis Dragon » Fri, 01 Oct 2021 11:31 pm