Singapore Expats Forum

A Lot of Singaporeans Here

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Why Are They Here?

A Lot of Singaporeans Here

Postby Why Are They Here? » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 9:55 pm

I am quite surprised by the number of Singaporeans who are posting in the Forum.

*braces for backlash and accusations of racism*

As I mentioned before though, for most other forums, only those who apply tend to post.

eg Trekkies post on Star Trek forums.

Engineers post on Engineering forums.

So why are the SG girls here?

i suppose

Postby i suppose » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:06 pm

Sometimes when I run a search on certain topics on google, i get links to this forum.This is a probability.

There is nothing wrong with them being here but what I can't stand is the growing number of sms-language typing kids here.

I dont even mind broken English but this sms language thing is so disturbing and extremely irritating.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:16 pm

I think lots of different people post here because it is a common meeting ground to get to know different people, and because it is not a single topic board like a motorcycle board or a Star Trk board. Most any topic is OK.

I like the fact that all sorts of people post... even the SMS'ers... it provides me with insight and understanding that I otherwise would not have.

cutie

Why are they here?

Postby cutie » Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:52 am

"Why are they here?"

To meet expats. Which they could also do at a bar, at work or study. But at these places the opportunities are not so many. Maybe someone can suggest they go to a western country. But while they are here, they can try out internet dating.

By the way, I am Australian.

Ayukie

Postby Ayukie » Thu, 31 Mar 2005 6:08 pm

Well ... literally I'm a sg gal being born and raised in sg numberous years before i was exposed to the harsh living conditions outside :lol: in a way i guess ...

Anyway being born a singapore doesn't mean that posting here is to meet "expats" to get to know them as well? Anyway I only chance upoon here on a occasion looking at cars and such details after being away from sg roaming outside for past 2 years (been in,out sg) working my butt off .. but heez anyway i'm flying out again **next** mth end (lolz being last day of march that is today) :)

So being a feminist i such i just have to disgree with the general consensus that a sg gal is out to hook on a expat ... Its a round world afterall :)

Just my 2-cents **cheerios** have an oreo anyone ?