Apply for my citizenship or wife's PR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Path2Family
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:58 pm

Apply for my citizenship or wife's PR?

Post by Path2Family » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 11:09 pm

Hey all,

Stats:
Singapore PR (since 2015)
Age: 30 / Spouse age: 32
Married last year (2020)
My Income: SGD 100-200K/year
Spouse's income: SGD 1,000-2000/month (self-employed under Singapore registered company)
Spouse is on LTVP

I wanted to check if you think I should apply for my citizenship first, or should I apply for my wife's PR first? She is currently pregnant with our first kid, so I am wondering what would be best. Please also note that my previous application for citizenship got rejected.

Separately, is it possible for me to apply for both at the same time?

Thank you for your guidance.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3968
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: Apply for my citizenship or wife's PR?

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 30 Sep 2021 12:29 pm

Path2Family wrote:
Tue, 28 Sep 2021 11:09 pm
Hey all,

Stats:
Singapore PR (since 2015)
Age: 30 / Spouse age: 32
Married last year (2020)
My Income: SGD 100-200K/year
Spouse's income: SGD 1,000-2000/month (self-employed under Singapore registered company)
Spouse is on LTVP

I wanted to check if you think I should apply for my citizenship first, or should I apply for my wife's PR first? She is currently pregnant with our first kid, so I am wondering what would be best. Please also note that my previous application for citizenship got rejected.

Separately, is it possible for me to apply for both at the same time?

Thank you for your guidance.
Where are you/your spouse from, ethnicity, education, job profile?

Path2Family
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:58 pm

Re: Apply for my citizenship or wife's PR?

Post by Path2Family » Thu, 30 Sep 2021 4:00 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 30 Sep 2021 12:29 pm
Path2Family wrote:
Tue, 28 Sep 2021 11:09 pm
Hey all,

Stats:
Singapore PR (since 2015)
Age: 30 / Spouse age: 32
Married last year (2020)
My Income: SGD 100-200K/year
Spouse's income: SGD 1,000-2000/month (self-employed under Singapore registered company)
Spouse is on LTVP

I wanted to check if you think I should apply for my citizenship first, or should I apply for my wife's PR first? She is currently pregnant with our first kid, so I am wondering what would be best. Please also note that my previous application for citizenship got rejected.

Separately, is it possible for me to apply for both at the same time?

Thank you for your guidance.
Where are you/your spouse from, ethnicity, education, job profile?

Thank you for your reply @singaporeflyer. See below:
Nationality (for both): Indian
Education: I have a bachelor's degree from NUS/SMU/NTU and wife has a master's degree from non-Singapore university.
Job profile: I am in the finance industry, and wife is self-employed / business owner.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts. Thank you!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3968
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: Apply for my citizenship or wife's PR?

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 30 Sep 2021 7:35 pm

Path2Family wrote:
Thu, 30 Sep 2021 4:00 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 30 Sep 2021 12:29 pm
Path2Family wrote:
Tue, 28 Sep 2021 11:09 pm
Hey all,

Stats:
Singapore PR (since 2015)
Age: 30 / Spouse age: 32
Married last year (2020)
My Income: SGD 100-200K/year
Spouse's income: SGD 1,000-2000/month (self-employed under Singapore registered company)
Spouse is on LTVP

I wanted to check if you think I should apply for my citizenship first, or should I apply for my wife's PR first? She is currently pregnant with our first kid, so I am wondering what would be best. Please also note that my previous application for citizenship got rejected.

Separately, is it possible for me to apply for both at the same time?

Thank you for your guidance.
Where are you/your spouse from, ethnicity, education, job profile?

Thank you for your reply @singaporeflyer. See below:
Nationality (for both): Indian
Education: I have a bachelor's degree from NUS/SMU/NTU and wife has a master's degree from non-Singapore university.
Job profile: I am in the finance industry, and wife is self-employed / business owner.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts. Thank you!
Chance may be low for both at the moment is what I would feel.
Little confused on how you can have a bachelors degree from three local universities. If you are saying one of the three, you could have said local gov university to make it simple :)

Path2Family
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:58 pm

Re: Apply for my citizenship or wife's PR?

Post by Path2Family » Fri, 01 Oct 2021 8:08 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 30 Sep 2021 7:35 pm
Path2Family wrote:
Thu, 30 Sep 2021 4:00 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 30 Sep 2021 12:29 pm


Where are you/your spouse from, ethnicity, education, job profile?

Thank you for your reply @singaporeflyer. See below:
Nationality (for both): Indian
Education: I have a bachelor's degree from NUS/SMU/NTU and wife has a master's degree from non-Singapore university.
Job profile: I am in the finance industry, and wife is self-employed / business owner.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts. Thank you!
Chance may be low for both at the moment is what I would feel.
Little confused on how you can have a bachelors degree from three local universities. If you are saying one of the three, you could have said local gov university to make it simple :)
Thanks for your thoughts, @singaporeflyer. Haha, yes, I meant one of the three.

Could you provide your rationale, though? So that I can understand the context within which the ICA typically makes such assessments. I am asking because I have lived here for 12-plus years in Singapore now, and also proven that I am ready to settle down here? Thanks!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39564
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Apply for my citizenship or wife's PR?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Oct 2021 2:11 pm

Still not enough info to make a opinioned guess based what has been furnished thus far. Surely you have researched this board and read a considerable number of profiles if for no other reason than to see if any like you own. But you still give us information that is vague so all we can give you are vague opinions.
1. When were you rejected?
2. When did you enter the workforce full-time?
3.What was your salary when rejected the first time? Were you employed with the same/current employer?
4. What is your current basic salary?
5. How long has your wife been in Singapore?
6. You said you were in the Finance industry. Rather vague. Investments? Actuary? IT?

Give us some actual working data and I'm sure either I or SF can see it a bit clearer.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests