Singapore Expats

Repairs

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
adameifionfield

Repairs

Post by adameifionfield » Mon, 27 Sep 2021 9:33 pm

Good day,

Was hoping for some legal advice with regards to repairs.
AC in current rental property had been breaking down for 6 months. Diagnosed as gas leakage, we had our ac shut off for 2 days over the weekend for testing. Plus extra 2 days for the repairs. Due to this we were unable to live in the flat for that period, under these circumstances are we under rights able to claim to pro rata rent payments?
All cost for repairs for land lords account also.

If anyone can offer advise would be very helpful.

Thanks

Search By

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Repairs

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 11:56 am

Why were you unable to live in your flat? Most people have entire split aircon systems installed in their flats without the need to move out of the flat.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

adameifionfield

Post by adameifionfield » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 12:04 pm

The leak with the aircon system affect the bedrooms and the living room (as viable option to sleep on sofa)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 12:45 pm

Any reason why the leakage was allowed to continue for 6 months before doing something about it? Your put it off or the owner refused to do anything?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers