Singapore Expats

Covid situation not looking so good?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Re: Covid situation not looking so good?

Post by sp786 » Sun, 03 Oct 2021 12:15 am

Sorry for the rant but If all of you remember the chronology :

1) Feb-2020 :- Masks are not for everyone do not buy masks it is only for medical workers
2) Mar -2020 :- Masks are not just for medicos but also for people who are sick.
3) Apr :-2020 :- Masks are mandatory and CB
4) Dec:-2020 :- Phase 3, test, trace and vaccinate will be strategy
5) April2021 :- Delta emerges in India from a foreign traveller and India says Delta is a hybrid of Alpha and the other dominant variant back then.
6) May 2021:- Singaporeans badmouth India and Indians, call for CECA to be chucked out while categorizing several countries according to Tiers.
7) June 2021 :- Singaporeans detect covid clusters and delta most possible through another ASEAN country or fishery port even though travel with India was suspended completely since March 2021.
8) July - Sep 2021 :- Singapore moves from a mirage zero covid strategy to almost 2000+ cases with restricted opening up.
9 ) Oct 2021 :- Ping Pong Again and impose further restrictions and now USA has categorized Singapore as high risk because it is to be remembered that back in 2019/2010 People from China travelled all over the world including SIngapore because they never closed their airlines and after China back then Singapore had the highest covid numbers yet they were travelling all over the world until Circuit breaker until when they too never closed their airlines.
Before sinkie public criticize someone else must look in to the mirror and see whether you have the iron in you to handle a pandemic instead of expecting Nanny Gahmens to even change your nappies , insert ART test kits into your nose and even give you free money. There was a time when some reactive sheeps kept parroting that Jacinda Adern of NZ should be hired for their country to control covid. Now see what is happening to a pretty isolated distant NZ!

Moral Of the Long Story Short :- Sinkies think covid controlling is like canceling someone's visa and cancel covid's VISA and covid will exit Singapore! The Gahmen is doing mostly a good job except for frequent changes that are confusing. So as Tommy Koh said, First world country does not mean first world citizens can be something else too!

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sun, 03 Oct 2021 1:21 am

^🤣 I think you should spend less time on edmw. Lol

musical box
Regular
Regular

Post by musical box » Sun, 03 Oct 2021 4:43 pm

If everyone had an anti-body test then we would know who to protect. Or am I missing something?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ronavirus/

Blanket approach to boosters is bad health policy at individual level.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 03 Oct 2021 9:10 pm

musical box wrote:
Sun, 03 Oct 2021 4:43 pm
If everyone had an anti-body test then we would know who to protect. Or am I missing something?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ronavirus/

Blanket approach to boosters is bad health policy at individual level.
From your link.......

Some people who’ve had the virus or the vaccine do not have antibodies. This means the test does not work for everyone.

An antibody test does not tell you:

if you're immune to COVID-19
if you can or cannot spread the virus to other people
Important
You can still catch and spread COVID-19, even if you've had the virus before or been vaccinated. It’s important to follow advice about how to avoid catching and spreading COVID-19.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Mon, 04 Oct 2021 9:24 am

If only the entire world could just agree to isolate everyone for a 2-3 weeks for a complete blackout period… couldn’t this all be over.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Mon, 04 Oct 2021 3:30 pm

malcontent wrote:If only the entire world could just agree to isolate everyone for a 2-3 weeks for a complete blackout period… couldn’t this all be over.
I keep joking to my Kiwi friends that NZ needs to test the sheep…it would be a real hoot if indeed they were found to be a reservoir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 Oct 2021 4:43 pm

I'd imagine there would be a lot of common genes between the two.......
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Mon, 04 Oct 2021 4:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'd imagine there would be a lot of common genes between the two.......
Well, probably both seem to have human sperm inside…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Mon, 04 Oct 2021 5:12 pm

:-& TMI :-&
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr