Singapore Expats

Main tenant haven't put TA for sub tenent ,is not possible to evict them ,or its illegal

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
vengai.raj

Main tenant haven't put TA for sub tenent ,is not possible to evict them ,or its illegal

Post by vengai.raj » Fri, 24 Sep 2021 11:18 pm

Am the main tenant of the house and I have TA aggrement with landlord and landlord agreed to sublease the house .
master room tenent came by seeing my ad in carousel after 15 days I take over the whole house and agreed to pay the rental also .and they said advance amount will give in installments. Within 2 months but 3 months ready only still not get full payment,..bez of that I never put them TA aggrement.
After some clash with them I ask them to vacate the premises within 1month notice period.but now they say cannot vacate the premises they say they report on me for over charge of rent ..
Whole House taken by landlord is 2300.master room tenant rental is 1050 is this high charge???

Search By

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Main tenant haven't put TA for sub tenent ,is not possible to evict them ,or its illegal

Post by abbby » Sat, 25 Sep 2021 2:42 pm

You mean after 2 months they have moved in but you had not received the advance rental? Advance rental would usually be given during the signing of the TA or thereabout that timing, before the move in.

What did your agreement with the sub-tenant state?

Not advisable to let someone move in before they settle the advance rent and deposits.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)