Singapore Expats

PMLA rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Nyssa2021

PMLA rejected

Post by Nyssa2021 » Tue, 21 Sep 2021 2:56 am

There are not many information out there on what to do when PMLA got rejected. Do we resubmit again or proceed with LTVP? They didnt give any reason or information on why the form was rejected.

Me
F Singaporean 36
Degree holder
$5500

Fiance
M Egyptian 33
Degree holder
Free lance IT

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Re: PMLA rejected

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 21 Sep 2021 7:40 am

With PMLA, LTVP application can take up to 6 weeks.

Without PMLA, the LTVP can take up to 6 months and maybe there’s a chance of rejection.

You did not mention the following:
- Is fiancé currently in SG or has entered SG before a few times in the past?

- Are you also in SG?

- How long did you two know each other? If the time is too short ICA might suspect a marriage of convenience aka scam marriage.

- How long have you been working for?

- Do either of you have criminal records?

- Your race?

I had a friend who had PMLA rejected for her foreigner husband but LTVP approved after the wedding. That was about 4 years ago though.

Sunjackal
Regular
Regular

Post by Sunjackal » Tue, 21 Sep 2021 11:39 pm

I never applied for a PMLA and I just collected my LTVP today. It took around 1 month in total. So it really wouldn’t hurt for you to try.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 7:42 am

Sunjackal wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 11:39 pm
I never applied for a PMLA and I just collected my LTVP today. It took around 1 month in total. So it really wouldn’t hurt for you to try.
Because your case is different, you’ve been married for a few years (5 if I remember) so it’ll be easier for you to show the marriage is stable.

OP isn’t married yet. That’s the difference and challenge there.

apeachxy

Post by apeachxy » Fri, 01 Oct 2021 9:08 pm

Pretty much same situation as me and my husband I guess? :-k My husband was WP and I'm SC, husband monthly income 1.9k, mine was 1.5k. We apply for PMLA 2 months before our ROM and it was rejected. Then 6 months after our ROM, we decided to apply for his LTVP. Initially was thinking to apply for PR but doubt it would be approved considered our income is not that high. We just proceed to apply the LTVP and overall process took about 3 weeks time and now we are in process renewing husband LTVP. So, I think don't have to worry so much :D

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 02 Oct 2021 9:28 am

apeachxy wrote:
Fri, 01 Oct 2021 9:08 pm
Pretty much same situation as me and my husband I guess? :-k My husband was WP and I'm SC, husband monthly income 1.9k, mine was 1.5k. We apply for PMLA 2 months before our ROM and it was rejected. Then 6 months after our ROM, we decided to apply for his LTVP. Initially was thinking to apply for PR but doubt it would be approved considered our income is not that high. We just proceed to apply the LTVP and overall process took about 3 weeks time and now we are in process renewing husband LTVP. So, I think don't have to worry so much :D
By WP you mean work pass or work permit?

apeachxy

Post by apeachxy » Sat, 02 Oct 2021 11:46 am

Work permit issued by MOM

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 02 Oct 2021 1:17 pm

ICA/MOM hedging their bets. Wife is SGC, Spouse WP holder, MOM rejected PMLA, marry anyway. Apply and get LTVP. Normally LTVP good for one year. As salaries both very low, Gahment hoping SGC spouse gets married and produces male offspring. Automatic SGC. After that, Gahment probably refuse to renew LTVP for Spouse. Sounds cruel, but in my extended family it was even worse.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Sat, 02 Oct 2021 1:43 pm

apeachxy wrote:
Fri, 01 Oct 2021 9:08 pm
My husband was WP
I hope you did apply for permission from MOM to marry a work permit holder or you’ll be digging a big hole for yourself.