Singapore Expats

I lost my MacBook on Bus

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Tinyfishhh

I lost my MacBook on Bus

Post by Tinyfishhh » Sun, 19 Sep 2021 6:47 pm

Hi all,

I lost my MacBook on Bus 10 going towards Kent ridge interchange on 7/9/2021. I alighted at bus stop Aft Siglap Rd around 9:07am. I couldn't trace anything because the MacBook is current offline now. I have reported to the interchange lost and found dept and also lodge a police report as well. It's been 12 days and still no updates from the officer. I didn't back up the photos with my grandparents, It has a lot of sentimental value...I really hope the kind soul who picked up my MacBook will return to me.

Is there any forum/platform I can check for lost and found items ?

luckycricket

Re: I lost my MacBook on Bus

Post by luckycricket » Sun, 19 Sep 2021 10:59 pm

2 years back, I also forgot my office laptop in bus 75. After reaching home, I realized and immediately called SMRT helpline to report. They said that they will check and call me if they find it in bus. Next day morning, I called them again to check and got to know that they have found it in bus and I can collect it from the bus interchange. All buses have camera installed... If you follow up with SBS Transit/police, It should not be difficult to trace.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 2:49 am

You’d have to go to the nearest police station and file a report. Alternatively you can visit the bus interchange and see if anything was dropped off.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 2:50 am

luckycricket wrote:
Sun, 19 Sep 2021 10:59 pm
2 years back, I also forgot my office laptop in bus 75. After reaching home, I realized and immediately called SMRT helpline to report. They said that they will check and call me if they find it in bus. Next day morning, I called them again to check and got to know that they have found it in bus and I can collect it from the bus interchange. All buses have camera installed... If you follow up with SBS Transit/police, It should not be difficult to trace.
The worry is just if some dishonest commuter decided to make the mac his own. If it was left untouched on the bus, I have no doubt that it can be recovered. Otherwise, I’m not optimistic.